• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

I don't have gear on any of my cracks except the mini as it is a pure indoor plane. If you see the abuse my Shelties put on them you would understand why. I only fly over grass.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Installed the gear, but it snapped at the axel on first landing on the street outside my house :(
Landing wasn't perfect, but still...

Jkim

50cc
I did install the gear on mine at first, but after the axles broke I cut the legs off flush with the sides of the fuselage to hopefully keep the support. I haven't seen any difference in how it flies after the alteration. (Not that my amateur self could tell anyway). It still flies great. Sooo much fun!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Axel fixed. Not pretty, but should work.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375662108.311370.jpg

wedoitall

I used spiderwire on my axle and im rough as all get out on my gear on the laser. only thing that has happened is I did lose a wheel but that's no biggy

maxx4wd

50cc
Just maidened mine today...love this flat foamie...great in a stiff breeze too. Even landed in a tree for the first time - trying to show off to my visiting in-laws...guess that backfired but it was worth the laugh. Plucked the prop out of the leaves and threw it back up without even a scratch.

teookie

70cc twin V2
I switched to a non-slow fly 8x4.3 prop and I'm getting much better power. I think this prop (grey color, pretty sure it's GWS) is more efficient than the slow fly props.

hone

150cc
I just ordered some more props and o-rings. I've only tried the slow fly props, maybe i'll try some other props next time.

I love the Laser :)

hone

150cc
I let Kyle Woyshnis fly my CL and he really liked it :) (if you don't know of Kyle look him up on youtube....SMOOOOOTH) He flew it great and it really matches his style of super smooth. He really liked the crisp aileron response and super easy 3D.