• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys 32" Crack Laser!

gyro

GSN Contributor
One minute walk, right outside my office building:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374175172.643861.jpg

Can you say, "designated lunchtime laser spot"

teookie

70cc twin V2
So I've got mine flying and I love it!

I'm running a motrofly 2204-1700, motrofly 10A ESC, 8x4.3 slow fly prop, and twisted brand 2S 450mAh batteries. I have good power with a fresh pack, but after a couple minutes of flying it takes well over 50% throttle to hover. It takes full power to hover at the end of the pack. Timer is set at 5:30, and my Hyperion Sentry reports I'm taking the packs down to 25%.

Should I be getting more power? This is my first EPP foamy so I'm not sure if my experience is typical or not.

gyro

GSN Contributor

I'm running a motrofly 2204-1700, motrofly 10A ESC, 8x4.3 slow fly prop, and twisted brand 2S 450mAh batteries. I have good power with a fresh pack, but after a couple minutes of flying it takes well over 50% throttle to hover. It takes full power to hover at the end of the pack. Timer is set at 5:30, and my Hyperion Sentry reports I'm taking the packs down to 25%.

Should I be getting more power? This is my first EPP foamy so I'm not sure if my experience is typical or not.

I've only got about 10 flights on a laser, but in my head:

8.4v at full charge is 8.4 x 1700 = 14280 potential RPM
7.4 at 50% is 7.4 x 1700 = 12580 potential RPM
7.0 at 25% is 7 x 1700 = 11900

So RPM drop from full charge to 25% is over 2000 rpm. Maybe this is what you're noticing?

-G

cwojcik

70cc twin V2

Enterprise had his CL set up with that motor as well and it felt the same to me. A bit disappointing because all the other Motrolfly motors I have tried have been awesome. The CS 20 gram motor definitely puts out more power.