• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Turnigy TGY-i10 full telemetry 10 ch computer radio

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I got the foamy as a test bed and I'm going to literally abuse the plane in the air to see if I can't get it to glitch or something.
So here's what ya do... while assembling said foamy....oh wait, no assembly required....eat greasy gooyie cheesy hamburger over receiver in said test bed...allow droppings to slobber all over...."ALL" over the pigtails of each servo, wrap the antenna leads in aluminum foil. Then blast it off....go straight up one mile....and straight out two miles. While flying that electric plane, go stand behind a steel structure and have all your buddies stand next to you with "ALL" their 72mhz radio antennas touching together...... Make sure in doing so....everyone is talking on their cell phones at the same time. If the plane survives, put it in the new Edge.
hearty-laugh.gif

Seriously speaking Kelly, I hope it proves to be a rock solid system. I really do. There will be many...."MANY" radio manufacturers that will have a
pile o poo.png
fit over the price. That is the only thing I really find distasteful regarding this hobby. The expanse of the systems and options available are really nice. But 99% of the stuff is over priced. WAY over priced. You go out and spend hard earned money for said "stuff" and next week it ain't worth enough to buy ya fries to go with your cheeseburger. I was just looking at some equipment in my plane room this morning. Remember the Hobby-Co Accu-Cycle Elite Charger? Just one case in point. Purchased two of these a couple of years ago...to the tune of over 120.00 a pieced. Now? Ain't worth enough to buy the shake to go wit dem fries to go wit dat cheesyburger. It would be nice to see a quality, dependable, reliable rock solid system do what the 3000.00 dollar radios do....for literally pennies on the dollar.:yesss:

yakken

100cc
So here's what ya do... while assembling said foamy....oh wait, no assembly required....eat greasy gooyie cheesy hamburger over receiver in said test bed...allow droppings to slobber all over...."ALL" over the pigtails of each servo, wrap the antenna leads in aluminum foil. Then blast it off....go straight up one mile....and straight out two miles. While flying that electric plane, go stand behind a steel structure and have all your buddies stand next to you with "ALL" their 72mhz radio antennas touching together...... Make sure in doing so....everyone is talking on their cell phones at the same time. If the plane survives, put it in the new Edge. View attachment 52557

Seriously speaking Kelly, I hope it proves to be a rock solid system. I really do. There will be many...."MANY" radio manufacturers that will have a View attachment 52558 fit over the price. That is the only thing I really find distasteful regarding this hobby. The expanse of the systems and options available are really nice. But 99% of the stuff is over priced. WAY over priced. You go out and spend hard earned money for said "stuff" and next week it ain't worth enough to buy ya fries to go with your cheeseburger. I was just looking at some equipment in my plane room this morning. Remember the Hobby-Co Accu-Cycle Elite Charger? Just one case in point. Purchased two of these a couple of years ago...to the tune of over 120.00 a pieced. Now? Ain't worth enough to buy the shake to go wit dem fries to go wit dat cheesyburger. It would be nice to see a quality, dependable, reliable rock solid system do what the 3000.00 dollar radios do....for literally pennies on the dollar.:yesss:
Psssttt, your not allowed to go over 400 ft. [emoji6]