• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Triple Tree Aerodrome Shuttle Project

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
attachment.php

During my one and only (but hopefully not my last) visit to Joe Nall Week, it was my pleasure to make extensive use of the shuttle buses to get from flight line to flight line As the buses rambled between the venues, it was hard not to notice the shortcomings of those vehicles as they were being used. The adult passengers, mostly larger and far less limber than the fourth-grade students the old buses were originally intended to carry, would often struggle to fit themselves and their belongings into the cramped seats, and then crane their necks out of the windows hoping for a glimpse of the airborne action. This got me to thinking. These old buses could be modified and be made more functional for the mission - and also further promote the brand of Triple Tree Aerodrome.

I don't have the means or the skills to accomplish this sort of conversion. But I'm thinking it's an idea worthy of consideration. So I'm throwing it out on the table in hopes that somebody might pick it up and run with it.

My fantasy is to see Chip Foose take this on and make it a feature episode on ‘Overhualin’.'

18886=12578-TTAshuttle.jpg
18886=12578-TTAshuttle.jpg

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
When I saw the thread title I was hoping you where doing a scale RC Space Shuttle for TT. Nice bus idea though.

SlowHuck

Jace;18889 wrote: Your gonna need more storage for that many pilots.... also more tire clearance!
attachment.php

Done and done. One other detail that I did not take the time to render is the addition of 6-10 inches in-between the seats. That alone would make those boats a helluva lot more comfortable!

18935=12596-TTAshuttle copy.jpg
18935=12596-TTAshuttle copy.jpg

SlowHuck

Smoothflying;19044 wrote: I can only imagine the dust in the convertible section.
No problem. The long-term plan is to Pave the entire loop around the property. Plus, gratings would also have to be installed in the floor to drain the occasional downpour, so hosing it down would be easy. Seems to be to be a reasonable trade off for the opportunity to enjoy an open-air ride with a clear view of the sky.

SlowHuck

Snapasaurus;19186 wrote: SlowHuck, I didn't know you went to the Joe Nall. I didn't see you!!!.
It was the year you didn't show, ya bum! Not to worry. I'll be standing on the side of I-95 again this year with my thumb out, hoping someone will stop an give me a lift.