• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Trailer thread - how did you finish yours off?

Hi fellas,

I just picked up a 5x8 v-nose trailer to haul my planes. It's black, has a side door and barn doors, it's was hard to find with those options in that size.

I started by shop vacuuming and then blowing out any dust with my air compressor. I have started to caulk and paint all of the corners, I'm using an outdoor satin finish white. Once done with all the corners I think I'm just going to roller the rest. I'm planning on adding industrial carpet, a dark color, once I've completed the painting. I'm looking for ideas on plane tie-downs and stowage of toolbox, fuel etc...

I like gear legs but would prefer something I can move around, any ideas?

Who's added internal power receptacles (a/c - d/c), solar panels, d/c battery, external power receptacle, etc...

I'm looking for inspiration, post up some pictures of your trailer.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm posting a couple pics of mine, horrible shots with poor lighting in the garage.

P.s. - I know, not much progress so far.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
View attachment 18628 View attachment 18629 Slight progress....

Do you guys use satin or semi-gloss paint? I started off with satin, I'm thinking SG might be a better option.

Oh, I'm thinking of leaving the three doors unpainted, thoughts?

Thanks...
I was gonna use exterior semi gloss, but don't ask me mines been kilz for 4 years now:lol2: If your gonna light it up, I think SG will reflect it better.

Thank you CB.

What type has others used for paint finish? Satin, gloss, sgloss? Rationale for either would be appreciated, other than preference alone.

Thanks.