• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Time for a new brand/stuck on two

kork

70cc twin V2
Need a little help on choosing a new airframe. I dumb thumbed a AW freestyle a couple weeks ago and ready to move on. I currently fly a  AW 300w/da60 also but its a little tubby with smoke and switches/batteries all in it. I loved the way the freestyle flys with a 60 but ready to try something/brand different. I hear and see so much about the two 91" 's from EF and talked to them today about shipping. Not bad. 

I also talked to Herve @PAU and was very impressed  as well.

The question I have is my 60, is it going to pull around the 92" well enough to have a blast or should I stick with the 88" wing spans. Also would the Sukhoi  fall right in the fun ring as well? Or is it more of a scale bird?( I did read Terrys review)

Which airframe would accept a canister better without adding nose weight?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Good choices on the 2 brands you are considering. I have the EF91" Extra with a GP61 and love it. It is the plane in my avatar. I think there is plenty of power with the 61. The DA60 should be right on par for power. Some people say that it needs more, but I am happy with mine. As far as the Sukhoi goes, it does not 3D as was as the others you are considering. It takes a little more work on the sticks to have the same amount of fun as the others. The PAU Edge is an excellent choice also. I would personally say the EF 91" Extra, or the PAU Edge for all out fun with precision thrown in to boot.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The PAU Edge or Extra would be a great match to that engine also. The 88" EF Edge would be also.

Sanglant

New to GSN!
I own the DA-60 And The DA-70, have them on the 91" EF extra, if you like to 3D the DA-70 is the way to go. Personally I Think the 60 was a little under powered with the stock pipe and I don't think a canister will help that much, if you go with a CF tuned pipe on the 60 it would be just fine though.

I also owned the PAU Sukhoi, it flew great, it just wasn't my type of plane. I had their 300 that was great flyer. If I was to but another PAU it would be their new edge-540.

P.S. your going to want some nose weight with the DA-60, if anything the canister starts to shift the weight to the rear.

Rick

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I tried a pipe on my 91" EF Extra. It was too tail heavy so I took it off. I also added a little nose weight to get it to balance.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Little bit. I do have my rudder servo in the tail and a J&J tailwheel. I had to add about 1oz to the firewall. Not much at all, but thought I would mention it.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
I know these are not one of the planes you asked about,  but................

I really like ( and almost bought ) the EF 88" Edge.

Just watch some of the videos of the plane, it looks awesome.

I did buy the PAU Edge 540.

It is an awesome plane.

Right now, I don't even come close to the potential of this plane.

I really like it.

A DLE-55 with stock muffler and I added some nose weight.

Untitled-6.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
For the 91 it's really dependent on how you fly.     If you fly mainly slower medium energy stuff the 60 will be just fine but you will have to keep it way light.      The DA60 has less power than a broken in GP61.     If you add a canister and header performance may suffer again slightly because of the added weight.        JMHO.

kork

70cc twin V2
2robbin/ I would assume if a canister was added for noise levels there would be some additional weight on the nose. Did you make the SFG's?

love the graphics. I bet the bird would still fly just fine with a little extra weight on the frame anyhow.

Thanks for the replys