• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Throttle Servo Choices...What are you Using and Why?

AKfreak

150cc
What do you recommend for a Throttle servo. I want a fast one, but how fast is to fast? I mean a carb can only react so fast right? I need one that can deal with vibrations right? So metal gear is a must I suppose. I don t need a torque monster, there isn't a lot of force involved. I suppose I need to consider voltage if the rest of my gear is running at High Voltages (HV) or I can step just the throttle servo down with a regulator.

Then we need to consider servo arms, we want a shorter one to maximize resolution right? We need a special servo for throttles deigned,. Low torque, Light weight, Small, and Super Fast, oh....and bullet proof.

So what is the best one and why do you think that? Thanks fellas, AKf

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I really like and use the Hitec HS-5665MH

Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.16sec/60° at no load
Operating Speed (7.4V): 0.14sec/60° at no load
Stall Torque (6.0V): 122oz/in. (8.8kg.cm)
Stall Torque (7.4V): 139oz/in. (10.0kg.cm)

And your right about the speed, much faster than this and your engine is not going to be able to react to it anymore quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I have a HS-5645MG Speed 4.8V/6.0V):0.23 / 0.18 Torque oz./in. (4.8V/6.0V): 143 / 168
I also have a HS-5955TG that's fast enough, Speed 4.8V/6.0V 0.19 /0.15 sec But it is a torque monster 4.8V/6.0V 250.0 oz-in/333.3 oz-in . Its a awesome rudder servo.

I need to buy a new servo for a throttle, this is why the post. I plan to use 2 cell Life packs for ignitions and servo power so 6.5 volts or so is where I will be running. Thanks for taking time to respond. Ill consider the HS-5665MH on the short list.

What arm length do you use for Throttle?

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Then the 5665 it will be. Gyro, you can have any hitec servo you want and that's the one you use. It's good for me.