• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

This really gives the hobby a bad name and some clubs are alot like this

Becoming a member gets harder all the time. doesn't matter how well known or how well you fly and know the hobby. Read the Web site and than watch the video and decide for yourself if they conduct themselves in the orderly fashion they talk about on there web site .. seems like the Officers of the club are not living by the code .

this club should be honored for jason to want to join

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I watched 8 minutes...That's about all I could stand. Thank God, none of the Clubs I frequent display this attitude.

thurmma

150cc
That sucks! We had some bad blood between 3 clubs in my area that went on for so long that nobody knew what it was about anymore so we started making some of the other clubs fun fly's and before you know it everyone was talking again. It was a good effort on Jason's part to go in the way he did and keep his cool about the whole situation. What the other club members don't understand is that the younger generation is what keeps the club in existence for future members to enjoy.

Ok. I am done now :)

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Friendly bunch of fellows, I must say. I guess he was expecting it, which is why he was running video. They probably wont be too happy when they see this posted. Any idea what happened last year that got him blackballed?

Went to their website. Looks like someone doesn't know how to spell "college", or know when to use "whether" not "weather."

thurmma

150cc
SleepyC;8371 wrote: "Don't fuel and fly and fuel fly"... HUH?!!

So.... um....

I am assuming that you have to take a 30 minute break between flights to let the air settle before disturbing it again :) I personally take an hour nap between each flight so the airplane can get its whits about itself before being subjected to me trying to control it again.

lxcoupe

30cc
WOW! I would ever even consider these bunch of dip chits as a possible place to fly.

What I want to know is what was the altercation he was involved in? Maybe there was some hard feelings.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Man, I don't think I would have hung around that long. If anything, our club could be considered enthusiastic about new members to the point of annoying them. :shaking-hands-smile

jj46

30cc
I think the regional AMA contact should look at this. Talking about "not condoning 3d" and basically flying too much? I don't believe that follows the AMA ethics for chartered clubs. Unreal.