• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Anybody else having problems with GSN today? It was offline for a while and now it looks completely different and has annoying drop down and pop up ads :-/ Tried it on Chrome and Safari and it’s the same.

I've had to re-login, yes the site look has changed. Awful amount of white. Currently using Microsoft Edge so I think we've covered that it's not browser specific.
The ads have always been this way for me the last year or so. Super annoying pop-ups and makes it not user friendly to the point where I don't use the site as much as I have in the past. It's ridiculous that the ads are bigger than the actual site content.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I do like some of the new features, but it needs to be configurable a bit. It's way to bright. I see we lost Admin pinned threads and it was replaced with Forum Threads which is fine by me. I like the staff and members and guests online, cannot say I care about profile posts (maybe it could be classifieds instead). I don't like the size of the Ads... the other sites have three-four adds the size of our one huge banner add and no pop-ups.... much less invasive if you ask me. @GSNadmin is there any hope? FG/RCG have 5-11K users online. We have 217 yikes. It's a complete turnoff to have pop-up ads.

BalsaDust

Anybody else having problems with GSN today? It was offline for a while and now it looks completely different and has annoying drop down and pop up ads :-/ Tried it on Chrome and Safari and it’s the same.

Yes looks different to me as well but I'm not seeing popup adds or anything.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok this is mess had to log in several times and eventually got in. Then the format is complete changed. And I now have advertisements top bottom and everywhere. Do not like this if it continues this will not be good for me.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Been trying to work this new system and I give up been trying to get home page but it is gone as well. Will try later to see if something has changed ?????
Also now I have 1/3 of the page at the top with a commercial and 20 % of the bottom of the page with a commercial not much left for me to read something and I cannot get rid of it.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Been trying to work this new system and I give up been trying to get home page but it is gone as well. Will try later to see if something has changed ?????
Also now I have 1/3 of the page at the top with a commercial and 20 % of the bottom of the page with a commercial not much left for me to read something and I cannot get rid of it.
Likewise. Hopefully they get it fixed. Otherwise, my days here are limited:-/

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Likewise. Hopefully they get it fixed. Otherwise, my days here are limited:-/
Agree with you if this is the new GSN my days are numbered. Cannot deal with this, sorry. Tried several different ways but the same result.
Luckily I was about to start a build on the oversized Q500.