• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

The kids went back to school so I finally got started on an 89" Redwing RC Extra330SC. It has been so hot in the garage, I just couldn't hang out in there to work on it. Very nice today. Got the ailerons and elevators hinged and glued.

I don't like hinging control surfaces. But, the importing thing to consider, it's done! Glad to get going on this one.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I spent most of the day working on a friends 50cc Pilot Edge. It is coming along quite nicely and will be finished up tomorrow. I think he is getting really excited to fly it.

Also bit the bullet and ordered all the wood needed to do the repairs on the downed Yakster. Oh the joy.... :nightmare:I enjoyed doing the restore on it earlier this year. Have to admit, I am not looking forward to cutting out all that broken wood and rebuilding the bottom of the fuse from the dead stick "CRUNCH". :laughing:

I also got the complete new set of reeds and the aluminum carb base plate today. So the 3W 210csts is all repaired and ready to roar. No doubt it is going to be 100% better than it was to begin with.:way_to_go:

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Got lucky and a buddy sold me a couple DLE 20 and one DLE 55 bowman rings. Last night I installed the one for the 55 in the newest of my two DLE 55's as well as did the reed block mod. Question though. Maybe this 55 is older and I haven't opened my other one up but I thought there was supposed to be a metal plate between the the screws and the actual reeds to help put even clamping pressure on it. This one doesn't have it.

7f69d8e65bde6aa1b8d304b007c5838f.jpg

61ad4a28c46f299b707e16fb1df6622e.jpg

3a22e2d4b53363349e829fe36b6901b5.jpg

Working on adding smoke to a plane for the first time !

BalsaDust

Ok thanks. I looked up the replacement part on towers website and it does not show it in the picture. I know the DLE 20 has it though.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Weeks is on the list:) Wife reminds me of the same thing. Her "quoted" words finish something;) . Just replaced my old lathe with a new one, so it was clean up time. covering has been ordered for the Weeks.
Which lathe did you get and from whom.