• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

I say remove the spats and buy bigger panties. Never much cared for the look of spats but I guess it's fitting since I never much cared for the look of a Yak.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I say remove the spats and buy bigger panties. Never much cared for the look of spats but I guess it's fitting since I never much cared for the look of a Yak.

Yep. Hate it when my panties are too small. Pinch my spare tire too much :happy:. I do like the wheels :attaboy: that my CHEAP HK plane offered up tho!
And to pour salt in to my tight fitting issue I gave away a bunch of panties that would have been a perfect fit:msn_slap:.

I'm either going to take @HRRC Flyer suggestion and do the triple color scheme or just paint em black to match asphalt as @rmyers
stated.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I worked on my Pilot Edge tonight fixing some damage I did playing around landing in the wind.

I've got a tail wheel assembly coming from Chief, but I don't have much hope that I'll get it this week. They don't seem to ever get in a hurry. I may cobble it back together for the weekend with some carbon tow. I found a crack and some delamination on the main gear, so I wrapped it up with tow and soaked it with thin CA.

I need to get this thing fixed because I've got a friend and his son coming to town from Detroit this weekend to do some flying and I'm out of airplanes.

I needed to pull the cowl off to fix the gear and found out I have a problem with the Teflon tape on the header, it was gone!

20160809_203646_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Since it looks like Chief cant seem to get my parts from the warehouse to the shipping department, I patched the carbon spring for my tail wheel back together tonight with an aluminum splint.

I also noticed one of my Spot-On servo arms was getting loose on the the servo splines. I got rid of their tiny metric bolt and tapped it for a 4-40 and added a lock nut. I had to put the 4-40 socket head in my drill press and taper the head
20160810_221221_resized.jpg
20160810_221304_resized.jpg
20160810_221051_resized.jpg
with a file so it would fit in the hole in the arm. Hopefully that will do the trick.