• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did the new layout for the engine because I am going to use a four stroke instead of a 2 stroke. Because it is heavier and longer the bualkhead has to moved back so that it fits and the balance is maintained.

FCABB1B4-36AB-4821-9178-7BDD89D8FC4A.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got most of the small parts made and glued the sheeting is made and sanded. Basically I belive the plane is ready to be assembled. Did not take any pictures did not think that a bunch or parts are that interesting. It always amazes me how long it takes to do things . Thought that this part would only take a couple of days and 2 weeks later it is done.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No pics, I'm pushing the dislike button! LOL..
Ok working on the pictures sorry about that. Still need some info from you would like to maybe paint the aeroplane that I am building right now. Cover it with Ultracote and then do some striping. Do you just wipe the Ultracote clean with some alcohol and then just paint the colour Stits on to the covering, or how do you do it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok working on the pictures sorry about that. Still need some info from you would like to maybe paint the aeroplane that I am building right now. Cover it with Ultracote and then do some striping. Do you just wipe the Ultracote clean with some alcohol and then just paint the colour Stits on to the covering, or how do you do it.
The Stits is not sticking, it is flaking off as I handle it. The little bit of black I sprayed on the tail will be removed and replaced with Ultracote.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Stits is not sticking, it is flaking off as I handle it. The little bit of black I sprayed on the tail will be removed and replaced with Ultracote.
Dam that’s a pity I was hoping to do some painting because it is difficult to cover over covering and not end up with some tiny bubbles. And the edges sometimes want to lift in that case monocoat is better because it makes a solvent that you paint around the edges that helps to prevent that.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep, the Monokote trim solvent is how I use to do it also. On this one I did the overlap thing but forgot on the ele/stab. When the paint wears off enough to be hideous, which will be soon, I will cut the yellow and add the black Ultra.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This one was Windex with the solvent on the perimeter. If only somewhere or someone could tell us what adhesive they use on the Ultra we could figure out a solvent for it.
That would be nice To know I have never been able to find that out.