• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I feel the same way, I need to make some kind of decision what to build. I want to something scale and use my DA50. I've done quite a bit of searching and there just isn't a lot of plans for planes out there that would fly well with the 50. Everything is either too big or to small for it. Jerry Bates plans has a few Warbird plans that the DA50 would work in, but then I'm investing $500 in retracts that I don't really want to spend. :face-palm:
I have a few engines and not sure what will be my winter project. A flying buddy and I are thinking about building a couple profiles from kits, but not sure yet. I have pretty much everything I need to build one so cost is not bad. My work benches are clean finally and now I plan to mess them up again!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Bought a set of Bates P-51B plans two years ago and haven’t touched them. Well I unrolled them and drooled, but other than that, haven’t touched them. If you’re interested in building a Mustang for your DA50, send me your address, and I’ll mail them to you.
That would be awesome, but I hate to take your plans and then not use them. Let me stew on it a bit. The P-51B or the early P-40, the Tomahawk, would be my choices from his plans.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Stick with the 150 is cleaned up and put away, still spend 5 hours to do it. Cleaned it down and then gave it a wax job really made a difference. The batteries have been removed and charged to storage charge and put away for next season. One down and few more to go as the winter approaches.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The Stick with the 150 is cleaned up and put away, still spend 5 hours to do it. Cleaned it down and then gave it a wax job really made a difference. The batteries have been removed and charged to storage charge and put away for next season. One down and few more to go as the winter approaches.
Boy, not me. We still have great flying weather. Should be able to fly another couple of months. Ain't nothing getting stored... not yet. Lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Uh-oh... what's this?

20180926_170635.jpg

What...is...thiiis???

20180926_170639.jpg

Wait for it...

20180926_171825.jpg

Waaait... for...iit...

20180926_171829.jpg

Aaaand....Chinese motor M.I.A.

20180926_175959.jpg

Well crap...now what?

20180926_180005.jpg

Mmmmaaaybeee.... this???

20180926_180523.jpg

To be continued...

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I still have three planes ready to go just it just becomes difficult to deal with large planes in the colder weather. But they will all get put away as the temperature keeps dropping. But I will be working on my winter plane some time in the next mouth getting it ready to fly with skies and engine protection.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Uh-oh... what's this?

View attachment 105802

What...is...thiiis???

View attachment 105803

Wait for it...

View attachment 105804

Waaait... for...iit...

View attachment 105805

Aaaand....Chinese motor M.I.A.

View attachment 105806

Well crap...now what?

View attachment 105807

Mmmmaaaybeee.... this???

View attachment 105808

To be continued...
I do not believe it. Did just get another 3W-CS engine for your collection. You are a lucky man but I must say it looks good and it will be an improvement. Keep us informed.