• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
May I ask you a question I have a Super Stinker from Midwest it is a older kit. I believe it is 25% scale. What I would like to know is it worth while to build, and how well does it fly and is the kit any good thanks.
Absolutely worth building, a little small for my taste, I believe it was 27% or a top wing of 60". Build it per plans, power it by the recommended (what ever twin gas would fit in the cowl probably a 40CC), and cover it light (Monocote/Ultracote). Then go have a ball flying it. Or, save yourself and sell it to me as it may be a bit small but I'd love to have and build it. LOL!!!

BalsaDust

I have never had much luck with a sock on the iron. What I have found works if you get adhesive or color on the iron is to have a clean rag close by. Put a little rubbing alcohol on it and wipe the hot iron down with it. Cleans it up real nice.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Absolutely worth building, a little small for my taste, I believe it was 27% or a top wing of 60". Build it per plans, power it by the recommended (what ever twin gas would fit in the cowl probably a 40CC), and cover it light (Monocote/Ultracote). Then go have a ball flying it. Or, save yourself and sell it to me as it may be a bit small but I'd love to have and build it. LOL!!!

Just had a look at the box it is 27% and the wing is 60 inches. Can you imagine that it is the first time I opened the box to have a look did not remove a thing because you will never get it back in. What I did find that I had bought a Fiberglas cowl for the plane, I did not remember doing that. The only thing that I remember is to keep it light, as you suggested. Let me think about selling it if I do you will be the first person that I will offer it to.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Just had a look at the box it is 27% and the wing is 60 inches. Can you imagine that it is the first time I opened the box to have a look did not remove a thing because you will never get it back in. What I did find that I had bought a Fiberglas cowl for the plane, I did not remember doing that. The only thing that I remember is to keep it light, as you suggested. Let me think about selling it if I do you will be the first person that I will offer it to.
Cool! I'll be waiting.....
The GP Pitts pants are done, not real purdy but will do the job. Next up will be to fix the Swanyhouse Primo 60 aileron, apparently they don't like bumping the runway.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
In looking for the paint number's for you I found where I had built it. It was built in mid 2011 so it is over six years old and the last two I did not own it. It will be interesting to see the wear, damage, changes, and what not that has taken place.

By the way, I do have some pics of the build I could post for you somewhere if wanted or would help.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
In looking for the paint number's for you I found where I had built it. It was built in mid 2011 so it is over six years old and the last two I did not own it. It will be interesting to see the wear, damage, changes, and what not that has taken place.

All in all it is in really good shape. Really enjoying it in the shop. Looks like all the damage came about from a spin out on a take off roll.
Takes a gentle touch on the throttle and staying ahead on rudder with a big cub. Appreciate the help with the paint. Just going to touch up some areas. Once I get the engine on the test bench I will let you know what I find. Been looking for a XOAR 18x6 Lance Dark for it too.

0201181640-00.jpg
0201181641-00.jpg
PJWWI-Lance_f.jpg