Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    That is looking real good just need to cover and some gear and it will be in the air. And seeing you live in CA you will be able to test it when it is finished and not have to wait for spring.

stangflyer and Alky6 like this.
  2. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

No problem Snoopy. I need to finish the redrawing the parts and double checking. Then will make a test run to ensure everything fits. Once that is done, will be happy to share.

Snoopy1, stangflyer and AKNick like this.
  3. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Hoping I can use it as a quick lunch time get away!

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  4. No problem bro. That’s what this thread is for anyway. :)

dhal22, Snoopy1, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  5. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    How fun would this be!!?!!! I think there will be a lot of interest including myself.

Snoopy1, stangflyer, 49dimes and 2 others like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I would join in too but the thread page is 666 and I already got scared over some pretty threatening eyes.....

73eee3d545fe618264f759f4a563b74f--joel-osteen-smiley-faces.jpg

dhal22, Alky6, Luchnia and 5 others like this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

In doing that might I recommend this. Looking at the fuse all the vertical supports are CNC cut and it remains one piece. Instead make notches in the outer rails of the fuse and lay the vertical supports down in the cut files. It will be a little more work to build but will be well worth it in strength as right now in my opinion those verticals are providing no strength at all with how the grain is running.

8. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

This is the only model airplane related work I've done so far in 2018. I drilled a few holes in an ammo can to make a Lipo box and did a bad spray can job with Rustoleum Hammered finish paint that didn't turn out hammered looking.

20180116_130201_resized.jpg

Alky6, Luchnia, Snoopy1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Damn bro. You're so good that even your orange peel paint is smooth! :laughing:

dhal22, Alky6, Snoopy1 and 4 others like this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Well......Ya can fix it with a hammer then cant ya!?