• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Can not believe how much time goes into certain parts of the build. I thought I was almost done, spent a full day yesterday and still today working on mounting some of the radio gear and cleaning up wires. Once that is done bind everything and program the radio and the 20cc Edge will be ready for the 2018 season.
Do not think it will fly this year it is presently 8 degrees Fahrenheit out side and about 20mph wind it is getting really cold.

Hmn?......Ahhh! :)

" Excuse me sir"......Could you put a "freeze" on that? It will be 2018 very soon! :banana-dance:. Merry Christmas ;)

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Had to check and see how the engine was lubricating the bottom of my plane......Now I know it needs to be on a leaner low fat diet.

1212172145-01.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Can not believe how much time goes into certain parts of the build. I thought I was almost done, spent a full day yesterday and still today working on mounting some of the radio gear and cleaning up wires. Once that is done bind everything and program the radio and the 20cc Edge will be ready for the 2018 season.
Do not think it will fly this year it is presently 8 degrees Fahrenheit out side and about 20mph wind it is getting really cold.

I feel your pain. The devil is in the details and the details take time.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, it's that time of year again it seems. Temperature outdoors is just a shade too low for these old bones. Not to mention the breeze. Brrr!! Time to put the babies to bed for the winter. Started with putting the Pilot Edge (on the right) and the SD Baby Yak (on the left) into hibernation. After they are asleep, I'll put the Sukhoi and Baby (SD 260) to sleep. Then the Behemoth Yak (2), the Jtec Pitts, the Cessna and finally the gasserized trainer. Dang, that's a lot of batteries. Lol
20171217_094918.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, it's that time of year again it seems. Temperature outdoors is just a shade too low for these old bones. Not to mention the breeze. Brrr!! Time to put the babies to bed for the winter. Started with putting the Pilot Edge (on the right) and the SD Baby Yak (on the left) into hibernation. After they are asleep, I'll put the Sukhoi and Baby (SD 260) to sleep. Then the Behemoth Yak (2), the Jtec Pitts, the Cessna and finally the gasserized trainer. Dang, that's a lot of batteries. Lol
View attachment 100809
You lucky I did that at least 6 to7 weeks ago. When you do that you really know the season is over. Do you do anything to the engines for storage. Normally what I do is buy a gallon of that stupidly expensive gasoline run it through the engine and then blow some of that Mercury standing oil into the engine.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well you see what happens when you start cleaning up work shop. Found this box with some material in it, had no idea what it was for or why I had it so pulled it out the box and it was several pieces but a good size. So looking at it though can I make a sun shade from it. Well after doing a bunch of cutting sewing and more cutting it started to look like a plane outline. Found some elastic string and started to fold and sew well after 2days this is what I ended up with.
That fits my ViperST pretty good.
5A7B6148-61CD-483B-9E6C-260A8E3B532E.jpeg