• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I unpackaged the brand new DA-120 with all the fixings and my Savox 1270 servos for the ARS tonight:)

So a while back, I posted a thread about aircraft for awesome performance with a DA-100... but after all that deliberation, I decided I might as well bite the bullet and just get the bigger engine:)
You won't be sorry. The DA 120 is a beast when setup and tuned correctly! Sort of feels like a mini-rocket engine on the right planes :)

BalsaDust

IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG

Started covering another slab. Normally I use the cheap hobbyking or value hobbies covering and really enjoy using it but was provided some Monokote with this. Normally I have not been a fan of monokote but I'm starting to get the hang of it and enjoying it. Biggest thing I'm liking especially with the curved wingtips on this plane is how much you can pull and stretch this stuff.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Now that the shop is absent of birds needing some :love: (Except one unruly misbehaving one needing tough :love:).
The shop is at my disposal to dispose of the ugly kitchen ceiling and finish out the rest of the living room. Then the entire house will have something new for me to stare at :geek:. But boy materials are so expensive. The pic of the acoustic tiles and other minor materials would have bought and paid for a DA70 much less a DA50 :eek:.

0816171734-00.jpg 0816171732-00.jpg 0816171733-00.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Now that the shop is absent of birds needing some :love: (Except one unruly misbehaving one needing tough :love:).
The shop is at my disposal to dispose of the ugly kitchen ceiling and finish out the rest of the living room. Then the entire house will have something new for me to stare at :geek:. But boy materials are so expensive. The pic of the acoustic tiles and other minor materials would have bought and paid for a DA70 much less a DA50 :eek:.

View attachment 98388 View attachment 98389 View attachment 98390

If I had half the money back that I've spent on home improvement projects the last 20+ years I could own a nice full scale. Maybe even a hangar to store it in.:p

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly,

That new ceiling looks like it came straight out of Architectural Digest. . . . . . . . . :lol2:

Uh O! I've been caught ! :blank:

I hate a drop ceiling but they have their place.

Yes they do. Commercial buildings. One just happened to find its way in my home though. They where popular for home use when one wanted to make a room out of the basement for "that certain" relative :rolleyes:.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
IMG_2342.JPG
Well, I ran into a snag installing the mufflers on the DA-120. The gaskets that came with the engine and mufflers fit the engine perfectly. The picture shows the gasket on the muffler. Not sure how to make those screw holes line up!