• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I appreciate your advise Rob. I think I will pick up a new ignition module for the Evolution 26 plus the optical kill switch and forego the voltage regulator. Since I bought the plane with the two LiFe batteries and two switches already installed, I'm going to keep the dual battery setup. My biggest hurdle now is finding the two items somewhere that doesn't require Paypal. I had a not so pleasant experience with them and I do not use it any more.

Thanks Buddy and you to @rmyers

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I use 2 life's and 2 switches. Plug the batteries into the receiver wherever they can go. I put the Rcexl kill on the gear channel and use the gear switch to control the ignition. Red LED ignition hot. Dark LED ignition off. I need to change my switch selection soon as I've started to fly some electric warbirds with retracts. Need to re-program my brain to avoid accidental shut downs.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I forgot just call RC Extreme Power 678 372 7697 They have what you need. And come to think of it I believe Milton's ignition gives a hotter spark than the Rcexl unit I replaced it with.

Last edited:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I appreciate your advise Rob. I think I will pick up a new ignition module for the Evolution 26 plus the optical kill switch and forego the voltage regulator. Since I bought the plane with the two LiFe batteries and two switches already installed, I'm going to keep the dual battery setup. My biggest hurdle now is finding the two items somewhere that doesn't require Paypal. I had a not so pleasant experience with them and I do not use it any more.

Thanks Buddy and you to @rmyers
A different super easy way is to get a Tech-Aero IBEC. I powers your ignition, is a kill switch, and is a regulator also all in one small reliable unit. They are only $40 also.

WMcNabb

150cc
Real airplanes have round cowls.

Additional points for a Round cowl with Two wings!
image.jpeg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey what do you guys use for a workbench topper material? I'm looking for something that won't scratch covering and isn't too expensive, and also isn't a towel or carpet :rolleyes:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I forgot just call RC Extreme Power 678 372 7697 They have what you need. And come to think of it I believe Milton's ignition gives a hotter spark than the Rcexl unit I replaced it with.
I will personally vouch for the modules. I've had two 3w motors that the ignition modules have developed issues. The new updated ones no less. Since swapping them out for Miltons units, I've not had one hiccup. Not to mention the throttle response is phenomenally crisp, quick and consistent. Not sure if I gained any rpm, but those two motors, (170 classic and 157cs) rip the snot out of the 32x11 and 32x10 Falcons like they never have. If I have so much as a single burp from the 212 modules, I won't even waste time wondering or diagnosing them. I won't walk, I'll run to my phone and get Milton on the horn.