• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Busy day for the next couple of days. Getting the house prepared for a 3 day visit of the niece and nephew, wife and I going to see Star Wars after lunch, rc club holiday dinner in the evening, and early Christmas with my moms side of the family tomorrow. Might not see my shop again until after the holiday. :-/

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I have something called Lymphedema. It's a chronic condition that causes swelling in my legs. I've had it for a decade, but in the last few years it's caused other issues like very poor healing if I would cut or scrape my legs. I had gone to 3 different doctors for treatment in the last several years with no results.

At the beginning of October I started going to a wound care clinic at a local hospital and the results have been spectacular! I'm pretty sure the techniques they use were developed in a Nazi concentration camp, but the results are awesome. They also sent me to a therapist to deal with the swelling and she has done a great job getting rid of it and teaching me how to keep it under control.

Between the clinic and the therapist I had about a month where I had 6 appointments a week. Now I'm down to one morning a week. It hasn't been easy trying to fit it all in and stick with their program, but I'm super happy with the progress. It's looking like I'll be completely done sometime in January.:big-grin:

Underneath all that lumpy wrapping is a bunch of chunks of foam in a tube that's wrapped around my leg. It's something new she's trying it get rid of the last of the stubborn swelling.

One of the sucky parts was that I had to keep my feet elevated as much as possible which meant no workshop time. Now that things are so much better I can start getting something done!
Wow. Sorry to hear about all that. But glad to hear they are making progress! Best of luck bro.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tomorrow's project is to take everything flying related out of the family room and put it in the garage for the day so the family room can be cleaned. I have 25 or so people coming Christmas Eve. They rarely ever go down there, but that night I will move everything into the garage again in case we need the room.

I also plan on starting to glass the stabs on the scratchbuild project.

20151219_161732_resized.jpg

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I replaced the fuel tank in my purple Edge with a Taildragger RC tank, and fired it up for a short test run! :D