• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The paper airplane video

B

Blucor Basher

Ok, so this video is making the rounds on the internet. I'm going in right now calling it completely fake, there's no way that would be a positively stable situation.

[video=youtube_share;zys3igBmhB8]http://youtu.be/zys3igBmhB8[/video]

Anyone have two idnetical fans?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think it's rigged. This demonstration doesn't correspond with the lift over gravity and thrust over drag theory

B

Blucor Basher

Since the fans oppose, it's not drag I'm thinking of, it's the chaotic interaction of the flows colliding. I think he just set the plane down on a camouflaged shelf and may the frame was doctored a little to make it invisible.

gyro

GSN Contributor
There was something holding it up. I'm convinced! And you're right, the collision at the intersecting flows should cause it to become unstable and collapse.
If maybe the airplane was identical front and rear, I might believe it, but as it is shown, no way. The lateral stability is missing as well.