• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC The new Dalton 300 SP / 330

capthis

70cc twin V2
Cam, I usually get scraps from Eric at B&E graphics and then just cut whatever I need for stripes with a straight edge like we do covering. I think there's lots of places to order vinyl as it comes on rolls. Local sign shops will have it and probably sell you a more reasonable amount.

The stripes on these are all hand cut for example. And yes I am infatuated with Patty Wagstaff! :)

Attachments

• EE50cc.jpg
    EE50cc.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 20140308_171221.jpg
    20140308_171221.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 291
Got some more work done, but before I mention what I did, I need to tell you all a story.

In my office exam rooms, there are 8 of them, I place all my RC airplane model magazines around, so that it can be read or looked at, while the patient waits for me. One of my dear patients, has asked me in the past, if this was my hobby, and I said yes.

In any event, it has been 1 year since I did his hip replacement, and today, he brought me a gift. He explained to me what his hobby is, and he tells me he has been doing this for decades, and he goes to competitions, where they give out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies.

Here is a glimpse of the gift he gave me:

IMG_1615.JPG

I took a picture of this with my I-phone, and it is at most 2 inches tall. He tells me it is called a STEAMPUNK. In any event, it is highly detailed and amazing how he has done the whole thing.

Ok, the rudder is covered, and it is hinged.

I decided to install the motor.

1st thing to do, is to make a connection for both choke levers...
IMG_1616.JPG

Here, the choke is closed....

and here...

IMG_1617.JPG

next, I disconnected the springs on the throttle arm, and did not remove the springs. I then had to add this second arm, that will connect to the servo.....

IMG_1618.JPG

here are my bolts to mount the motor. These are Titanium 6 mm bolts, with titanium washers and titanium lock nuts.

IMG_1619.JPG

This is it all installed, I also used a Ron Bullard shim on the left side, to increase the right thrust....

IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG

This is what I have so far. Tomorrow, I will cover the stabs and elevators, and finish the install of the throttle servo and the CDI.

IMG_1622.JPG

Today, I began the prep work on the surface of the stabs, and sprayed them down with hair spray. Tomorrow, I will do the final sanding, and then wipe them clean, and then cover them.

For the fuel lines, the spark plug cables for the front two, one on each side, and for the temp sensors. And, to lower the weight. Small holes, so as to not weaken it. Others have done before. SO should be fine.

Rusty 73

100cc
For the fuel lines, the spark plug cables for the front two, one on each side, and for the temp sensors. And, to lower the weight. Small holes, so as to not weaken it. Others have done before. SO should be fine.

Gotcha the picture makes the holes look bigger . Are you using two temp sensors and are you placing them on the back cylinders