• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

iflyfloats

New to GSN!
Attended the Lazy Eight RC Club Charity Air Show in Johnstown, NY on Sat, had a full scale fly-by of 3 AT 6's, a Yak, and a Spitfire. Today they had a Corsair fly-by, unfortunately I missed that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

iflyfloats

New to GSN!
Attended the Lazy Eight RC Club Charity Air Show in Johnstown, NY on Sat, had a full scale fly-by of 3 AT 6's, a Yak, and a Spitfire. Today they had a Corsair fly-by, unfortunately I missed that.

I would up load a video, but try as I might my phone won't do it

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Good that all you guys made it to the field and got some flights in. The amount of time we spend getting them ready and then dodging the weather we have to make the best of it when we can.
@Jetpainter how did the new shim work for you.
It worked out pretty well. I don't think it's perfect, but it's close enough for my use. I can climb and point roll and things without the plane heading off to it's left. ;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Heading out this morning with the QQ Yak. We'll see how many rounds I can fly before the eclipse.
Just keep flying. From day to night to day. Not many can say they have done that. Hmmm....I need to get my little gasserized trainer out and see if I can do an endurance flight. Pretty certain I could get a dawn to dawn flight in. Hee hee...
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just keep flying. From day to night to day. Not many can say they have done that. Hmmm....I need to get my little gasserized trainer out and see if I can do an endurance flight. Pretty certain I could get a dawn to dawn flight in. Hee hee...View attachment 98488
Speaking of endurance flying a few years back we held a contest at my old club and it was an endurance test. Well my friend and I had an old 120 Skyward and I mean old. Anyway we interned the contest with skyward. We managed to fit in a 64 and 32 oz tank one on top of the other, it took some doing to get it to work and empty the the tanks, but we got it all to work. With the Os 120 on front we were ready. The only rule was we were not allowed to touch the ground. We were up in the air for over three hours absolutely beat. The only thing that happened is the radio started to die so we had to land, we had second but could have won it, after the other person landed we still had more fuel than he did but the radio let us down but must say it was fun.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Clouded all up and rained just before the eclipse :(. After a down pour I did make it out to see the new landing gear perform on my buddies plane :). And guess what?.......The tail wheel fell off :face-palm:. I think my build rep has been shot to hell :devil-dance: :laughing:.

I flew my 330sc with the SFG's but the engine (after tweaking a bit) still ran like :steamer:. So I cant tell yet how they do in HA KE. I did notice it took a bit less rudder to hold KE at moderate speeds. But for now IB spending more shop time instead of flight time :doh!:.

20170821-213616.JPG 20170821-213638.JPG 20170821-213716.JPG 20170821-213856.JPG 20170821-214024.JPG 20170821-212936.JPG 20170821-213020.JPG 20170821-213346.JPG 20170821-213408.JPG 20170821-213443.JPG