• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The color display with the ability to add an image for each plane is pretty cool. Other than that, I don't know what else I would need with the other 10 channels :) Now if I win the lottery, then all bets are off :mario-banana:
I agree I have never used more than 12 channels for a plane. I do not understand why they could not bring out top of the line radio the same at the DS-24 in a 12 channel radio most of us probably buy it it hard to pay for some thing you will never use, and I belive that 90 % of use 12 or less I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Now if I win the lottery, then all bets are off :mario-banana:

If you lived in my state Illinois, you would have until Saturday night to do that. We are getting kicked out of the Megamillions and the Powerball after that because the idiot politicians in this screwed up state haven't passed a budget in years.:msn_slap:

BalsaDust

Put three flights on my PAU Sukhoi today. Loving this plane. Not a real 3D bird but fun to fly. Beautiful pop tops, nice clean snaps, and freaking KE I love doing a KE pass with it. It does it with left stick only. Having trouble trying to get it into a flat spin but I'm used to slabs that you just crank hard rudder and it starts spinning. With more time I will figure it out and this plane is sure to get more time I'm getting more and more comfortable with it every time out.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I went flying today. It was hot, but No Rain and No Wind! I took my scratch build "Miss Moana". The first flight was pretty good, even though it was running very rich. It must have been just on the borderline last week, when the humidity was ridiculously low and in today's nasty humidity it went rich. I checked the CG by doing a 45 degree inverted climb and when I got off the elevator it didn't drop off at all. I might have climbed a bit more. I guess I'm going to have to invest in some carbon fiber stab tubes to get some weight off the tail. The shortest piece I can buy in the size I need is 72" ouch, my wallet.

After landing I went to pull the hatch to let the pipe cool and check the fuel. On the third of four screws it turned several turns before I heard a "POP" and the screw went back into the hole. We worked on it for over an hour and couldn't get it out. I ended up borrowing a hack saw blade from a guy and I was able to get the hatch just high enough to cut off the tab and get the hatch off.

When I got it home, I finally did get the screw out, but even with being able to get to the back side now that the hatch was off, it fought me the whole way. The threads on both the screw and the nut don't look bad, but they're definitely screwed up.

Well I guess that's what I get for being an idiot and not epoxying them in.

20170702_164644_resized.jpg
20170702_164407_resized.jpg
20170702_164433_resized.jpg
20170702_170734_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I went flying today. It was hot, but No Rain and No Wind! I took my scratch build "Miss Moana". The first flight was pretty good, even though it was running very rich. It must have been just on the borderline last week, when the humidity was ridiculously low and in today's nasty humidity it went rich. I checked the CG by doing a 45 degree inverted climb and when I got off the elevator it didn't drop off at all. I might have climbed a bit more. I guess I'm going to have to invest in some carbon fiber stab tubes to get some weight off the tail. The shortest piece I can buy in the size I need is 72" ouch, my wallet.

After landing I went to pull the hatch to let the pipe cool and check the fuel. On the third of four screws it turned several turns before I heard a "POP" and the screw went back into the hole. We worked on it for over an hour and couldn't get it out. I ended up borrowing a hack saw blade from a guy and I was able to get the hatch just high enough to cut off the tab and get the hatch off.

When I got it home, I finally did get the screw out, but even with being able to get to the back side now that the hatch was off, it fought me the whole way. The threads on both the screw and the nut don't look bad, but they're definitely screwed up.

Well I guess that's what I get for being an idiot and not epoxying them in.

View attachment 97250 View attachment 97251 View attachment 97252 View attachment 97253
Just one of things with new planes love them but always little things go wrong until about half the season is over and then the plane really starts to grow on you and it becomes fun.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well after some time the weather turned out great sunny and very little wind and warm. The wind was just under 12 mph and almost down the runway. Put 7 good full 10 minute flights and had a good day. That is what it is all about. Good friends and good company and three people showed up to join the cub.