• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Robotech

70cc twin V2
By Little Rock? I may be venturing down to the Farm field one of these weekends in hopes of finding someone to help setup and get some tips for my IMAC plane. Our field is very short on one end and we have a mild noise issue on that end also, so no high power flying on that end, which hurts the IMAC practice for verticals. I am wanting to give the basic routine a shot sometime this year and need to get the Extra setup.
Pine Bluff is about 35 miles Southeast of Little Rock but only 25 minutes from the FARM club. You should enter the FARM club's IMAC contest Saturday, May 2. Come down early Friday. There will be lots of pilots practicing and everyone would be glad to help you. It's an IMAC thing. I guarantee if you fly the contest you will get hooked in a major way.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
20929_10206977194175250_8616186583213037113_n.jpg

Got a sweet new toolbox, fitted my power supplies (x2 12v in series for a 24v), threw all my junk in it, and am going to bring it to the field for its official first run. Did a little test run tonight, everything seems to work great.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
"WOW" is all I can say. 80 degrees Friday with about 8 mph winds. By noon, it dropped to a slight breeze. I put six rockin' flights on the 260. I have to offer my thanks once again to @Terryscustom. He forced me...lol, to get the 260 down on the deck for the awesome hover a couple of weeks ago. And I keep thinking...I can do those damn rolling circles. So yup, got in three, yup, count them.....three rolling circles. Oh yeah, supposed to be really nice weather again today. I think the big orange Sukhoi needs to go flying. :yesss:

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob, show some video of the 260!
I think the rolling circles are out for me at the present but maybe someday.
Would love to. It always seems though that no one is around to capture some of this stuff. I will try the next time I take it out. I was surprised at just how much the RF 7.5 has helped me gain an understanding of what needs to be done. Granted, I will probably never be as good as most of the "huckers", but I am having a ball learning and doing. I really can't do them with my 30% Pilot Edge. Too snappy and too quick. I have to have something slow and graceful (and BIG) like my 260. LMAO.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
View attachment 15891

Got a sweet new toolbox, fitted my power supplies (x2 12v in series for a 24v), threw all my junk in it, and am going to bring it to the field for its official first run. Did a little test run tonight, everything seems to work great.
that's nice where did you get it? I used a tackle box but it is needing replaced for all the extra stuff that needs to go to the field

3D-Joy

50cc
A properly executed rolling circle is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to do than a torque roll or pretty much anything else. Congrats on your success !

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A properly executed rolling circle is MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to do than a torque roll or pretty much anything else. Congrats on your success !
Thank you. I can't say they look picture perfect, (YET) but they are round and rolling the full circumference, and actually pretty close to the same altitude throughout the complete circle. Which to me, is a huge thrill. That's what we're after right? Odd as it may seem, I watched a buddy of mine about two years ago putting his plane through the paces. I thought to myself, "That just don't look right". But now after flying this way for the last year or so, it's like, "Wow, this old dog really can learn a few new tricks". Such a thrill to be able to do more than just turning and looping and rolling and burnin'....glow, (shudder)!!!! LOL