• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The "I Need to Vent" thread

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I don't care who you are, we all have those battles we fight. Right? Sometimes, mental, physical, or environmental.

Sometimes it takes someone to talk to, and that instantly helps ya out. I'm not creating this thread to merely have a place for people to blow up at one another, so don't even think about going there. Here's the intent:

1. Post what you need to get off your chest, hobby related or not;
2. Someone help that person. Sometimes a kind jesture or words of hope or encouragement is all it takes to turn the tide.

We all have a common ground, a passion per se. These message boards can really shine when people connect on a level above what the forum is really about!

Let's help each other out. I'll start..

I'm going through a tough time right now. Has been going on too long. My work/life balance is totally fucked right now. It's usually the time to decompress right now. My family keeps compromising because I keep giving them more.

Can anyone give me some words of encouragement?

Anyone else out there need to talk ill be here. and with this great group at GSN there will be others here to help too.

Keep the faith!

Last edited:
Hey @Robbins . I understand what you are saying. Been behind a desk since 1984. The same desk since 1986. Was promoted young into the head honcho position shortly afterwords so been kinda stuck doing the same thing for a couple of decades. Don't get me wrong, I have been blessed to achieve what I have and it sounds like you have a similar experience. I learned that using the "no" word at work has helped me balance things better. Obviously there is a balance in doing that but in the end your family is what matters most and is why you do the work you do.
Finding the hobby, again, 12 years ago really helped in that It forced me to get a little "me" time in something I love. Believe it or not a couple of hours in my workshop as little as once every week or so and a couple hours at the field, on the rare occasion I go, really help my sanity.:cool:
Good luck and "don't let the bastards get you down";)

Robbins

Thanks for the insight. I do appreciate it.

Yes when I go fly I am an animal. Just ask @Terryscustom or @ericb . Sometimes I think scare them :alien:

One thing that is a big plus is that the people I work with are all great to be around. I'm lucky that we are a diverse croup and we learn from one another. We all have a niche in our operation.

About that word: NO
I have a very hard time saying it. Just never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

Ya see, a guy learns something everyday! I need a combat chicken suit to wear when I need to vent. That would be cool.

My sincerest thanks again.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Here is something that will blow your mind.....I am just the opposite and have been a long time "outcast" from my own ex-wife and kids. My health is poor I'm getting older and totally alone. Now that I am no longer working every day "time" management and "multi-tasking" have a whole new meaning. I have read the Holy Bible trying to find understanding and I do have a deep relationship with God. But even with less stress making circumstances my stress levels can rise even faster and harder at any giving moment it seems because I feel un-wanted and un-needed. Facing others opinions and treatment in the work place or at home can build you up or tear you down. Moderation of anything these days seems non existent.
Am I really happy? Hell no! Question) What do I got to do to find some tranquility with my self? Answer) Find moderation in everything. This means learning to say NO and when to say YES. I have a military career and a civilian career behind me now and I desperately need a final career. Would some one PLEASE just shoot me!

Here is something that will blow your mind.....I am just the opposite and have been a long time "outcast" from my own ex-wife and kids. My health is poor I'm getting older and totally alone. Now that I am no longer working every day "time" management and "multi-tasking" have a whole new meaning. I have read the Holy Bible trying to find understanding and I do have a deep relationship with God. But even with less stress making circumstances my stress levels can rise even faster and harder at any giving moment it seems because I feel un-wanted and un-needed. Facing others opinions and treatment in the work place or at home can build you up or tear you down. Moderation of anything these days seems non existent.
Am I really happy? Hell no! Question) What do I got to do to find some tranquility with my self? Answer) Find moderation in everything. This means learning to say NO and when to say YES. I have a military career and a civilian career behind me now and I desperately need a final career. Would some one PLEASE just shoot me!
Hey Kelly. Yep I can see retirement very close in my future and there is a small part of me that is scared :steamer:less over that! But I do plan to probably do some part time work/consulting possibly so I hope that can be a balance of work and play.:)
Don't despair my friend. You have a huge family here at GSN and Joe Nall and Huckoween and a bunch of other events will be here before we know it. Save your pennies. I am. Looking forward to spending time with everyone next year!:dancing-chicken:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly. Yep I can see retirement very close in my future and there is a small part of me that is scared :steamer:less over that! But I do plan to probably do some part time work/consulting possibly so I hope that can be a balance of work and play.:)
Don't despair my friend. You have a huge family here at GSN and Joe Nall and Huckoween and a bunch of other events will be here before we know it. Save your pennies. I am. Looking forward to spending time with everyone next year!:dancing-chicken:

Looking forward to it as well Bart! Planning is key to retirement but I tell you :steamer: can happen to anyone at any given day.
Oh ya! When given lemons make lemon aide! I want to shoot who ever quoted that!lol

Robbins

I worked as a turf manager on three golf courses for in two states for 13 years. It was before my wife and I had children. It was a very satisfying profession and I could see myself back in the ring again someday.

I had the pleasure to work with several semi retired, wish to be retired, and retired guys. Every one of them great men! If any of you guys like being outdoors, take pride in aesthetics, and understand machines many grounds superintendents are looking for operators. In the Midwest, a guy can work Monday Wednesday and Friday for 4 to 8 hours per day depending on ambition and/or desire. Early mornings are a must. But I just sharing because every one of those guys I worked with loved their job, and had strong work ethic. I miss them all. Some of the younger dudes were good too. But not like the older dudes!

When I grow old I will be on a fairway mower striping checkers across the land and flying after noon.... I hope.