• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Man you guys must be 100 times better flyers than us guys up north. You get to almost all year round. Just envious.

You mean you "other guys" . I personally suck hard these days and don't fly much at all. lol

Still FUN to get out once in a while. But the summer really sucks down here. It is real hard on the engines and airframes are lost because of poor engine performance. This year so far has not been all that good. Rainy or cold or windy. In the pics above I had a dead cross wind 15-20. Pretty hard getting to the deck.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

BE57B55E-9D26-412A-93B8-8F1C9F256358.jpeg

Out flying my 1M dlg in the yard. Had an aileron servo lock up at full deflection and it death spiraled to the gravel driveway. Think I will be able to repair it so stay tuned.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well some how I have to turn this single balsa stick going across the top of the plane into a canopy. I stood and stared at it for 10 or 15 minuets. I then turned around went up stairs and will tackle it tomorrow. This is going to be a bit of a bugger. To make it light stiff and fit properly over time.
F2D81CA8-6AB5-4922-9AC7-0F3BE082AACA.jpeg