Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

THE EXTRA NG — THE NEXT GENERATION OF AEROBATIC AIRCRAFT

Discussion in 'Full Scale Discussions' started by WMcNabb, Jul 18, 2019.

1. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Pistolera, AKNick, acerc and 2 others like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Beautiful plane except for one thing look at the difference in colour on the engine cover and the fuselage. At least now when I cannot get my cowl the match the rest of the plane I will not feel so bad. They should have gotten @Jetpainter to paint it then it would have been perfect.

3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Is it just me or what but the first pic look's like a really nicely done rc plane?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Pistolera, WMcNabb and Snoopy1 like this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Wonder how long it will take before all the kit manufacturers will make this extra. Like the fin on the intake of the cowl.

Pistolera, Bartman and WMcNabb like this.
  5. -Rick-

-Rick- 70cc twin V2

Beautiful plane!

Pistolera and WMcNabb like this.

6. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

funny you should mention that, i had an idea for a vortex generator right in that spot back when red bull air racing caught on. the idea was to trip air in hard pulls and pushes so it would swirl over the VG and into the cowl. maybe that's what they did, maybe not. i tried emailing different RBAR crew chiefs to share my idea but got nowhere. looks cool if nothing else. :)

beautiful airplane, maybe it isn't too late for @Pistolera to modify his Krill to be like the new one. :concern:

Pistolera and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

NOPE!!!! Personally, I still like the lines of the existing 330SC over the new one. Maybe it'll grow on me, but that would be awhile. I do wonder if they'll make a single place version?

Back to wet sanding. Spent most of today in the AC doing just that! The last 3 days were at an IMAC meet in State College, PA...I think I sweated off 5 pounds over the weekend!!!

Jetpainter and WMcNabb like this.
  8. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Don't get me wrong....I think they're both beautiful....just prefer the SC.
    New Extra 300NG vs Old 330SC.jpg

9. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    I was fortunate to spend the day at AirVenture with Mirco Pecorari, Walter Extra, and the teams from Extra Aircraft and Southeast Aero.
    Was a lot of fun to watch the unveiling and observe the first impressions of the airplane. A few photos here...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  10. Very cool! Thanks for the great pics and video.

Snoopy1 likes this.