• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

The Clik NG from Twisted Hobbys/RC Factory

Well guys, no one mentioned it yet and just got done this build so here goes... This is an EPP F3P plane. Yes, it's possible! The goal is to build light and to get indoor precision results but, I bet this thing can do some nice 3D as well. The vid is from day one at the gym and includes clips from several flights. I'm just trying to show off some of the slow flying character this plane offers. It looks great as well. Hope you enjoy it and we can open it up for discussion from here!

[video=youtube_share;bxnO3zWAt7I]http://youtu.be/bxnO3zWAt7I[/video]

[MENTION=3092]Lovemyxtra[/MENTION] is working on one as well for indoor season. He also likes to play around with a VPP system on foamies.

Here is a pict of his project he just sent me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416392012.593455.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
VPP is fun, but can be a huge Pain in the neck to keep the weight down on the plane to make it effective.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Bought, built and have flown my TH Clik.

Build was a little different than other TH airframes, but nothing too daunting. I seemed to be missing the little slotted pieces for mounting the LG, but I worked around it. In hindsight, I might have just skipped the wheels altogether and saved a couple of grams.

Used one of the new Carbon Props from the TH site - highly reccomended.

I did some of the Blenderm/Welders durability actions that have worked well on my other planes,

AUW came in about 10 grams heavier than the instructions indicated, using a TH 250MAH 2s.

CG for the airframe has several values based on which set of instructions one reads - I used velcro to home in on the right spot, then made my "though hole". For me, it wanted the battery and the aileron servo to be in the same place, so I put the battery slot just on front of the aileron servo and added about 2 grams to the tail (a wire skid)

Flies very similarly to depron f3P planes - which is the goal. I am not a great video kinda guy, but if anyone is interested, I will try to get some cell phone video on my next indoor flying day.

I am an intermediate skilled 3D/XA pilot. I set up the throws to be the max that is mechanically possible without interference (about 5 degrees more than the instructions on each control). Low speed loops are about 3 feet in diameter. Knife edge is perpetually sustainable and controlable. Crisp roll rate if you have enough air over the surfaces. VERY difficult to stall, very easy to recover - a 3 foot drop is enough to get it flying again.

Flys about the same speed as a CHAMP, only a little faster than a VAPOR - unless in harrier, then is can fly very slowly.

Quite happy with the result.

Would like to hear the experiences of others

UPDATE:

Here is a link to a short flight video - my first attempt at posting a video to this or any other forum, so please excuse the rough edges

http://www.screencast.com/t/2KvZKlpUyA

Last edited by a moderator:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
After a little offline coaching from 3DMike, let me try to post this video again, and do it the right way

[video=youtube;OZVjVwYv3_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZVjVwYv3_I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks

Still tinkering with the prop and battery choices, but overall quite pleased

Gotta work on those low speed knife edge loops

;-)

AKfreak

150cc
I am going to build mine soon. I was trying to build this as light as humanly possible just for testing. I'll be putting on a 12g glavak with 11x2 prop (for downline braking) . I am excited to build this one. I know tons of others have done one already... But this one is mine ;)