• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

That perfect plane...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've probably had 100 ARF's from glow to 123" and even foam. For me the perfect plane comes in two segments of the hobby, size and type. First my perfect size is 100-120cc. Nothing flies like them and you can beat on them without breaking them. For perfect flying I like precision and 3D. Nothing fit "my" feel so I designed my own to fit my flying style:D

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My glow favorite was a four star 40 with a dependable OS, I flew that plane daily for years it seems like. I carried it in my truck and flew it on the way home every possible day. It was a worn out, battered oil soaked plane when I retired it.

Favorite gas powered is 100cc Yak with a dependable 3W, easy to start, fly, fun to toss around in the air, lands like a pussy cat.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My favorite "go to" used to always be my SD 260. Simply because it has always been a dream to fly. Whether learning 3D, (as she had been docile enough without fighting back) but still high spirited enough to pull off some pretty cool stuff, or just relaxed Sunday flying. The 260 just always seems to come through for me. Now though? It is my 100cc size Pilot Edge 540. For me, it is by far one of the funnest planes I have ever had. I have accumulated three times as many flights on it in the same time frame as any of my other airframes. I don't think I have had a plane that I have acclimated so quickly to or have felt so completely at peace with as the Edge. Every time I think of the previous flights, I get so anxious to go fly it again. Love my 260 a lot, but the Edge just gives me thrills every time I fly it.

sweetpea

100cc
I've probably had 100 ARF's from glow to 123" and even foam. For me the perfect plane comes in two segments of the hobby, size and type. First my perfect size is 100-120cc. Nothing flies like them and you can beat on them without breaking them. For perfect flying I like precision and 3D. Nothing fit "my" feel so I designed my own to fit my flying style:D
I've got to agree. 100cc is the perfect size. Price is similar to a 50cc. Fights through wind better than a 50cc. Very stable, yet you can wring them out. Most 100cc will fit in cars/vans etc without a trailer if needed.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I fly the EF 104 DA 120 combo and hands down it is awesome. The 30% Pilot edge is close to my all time favorite which is the Great Planes Super Sportster with an OS 108 FSR. It was touch and go heaven. Glide like a glider! I actually flew it 25 minutes or better with a dead stick several times. Handled windy days as well as calm days with such grace. There was a Goldberg that I was fond of too with an original YS F-120....."The Ultimate Biplane";).

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
One of my trainer planes was a Goldberg Eagle II. Another plane I flew 100's and 100's of times. I loved windy days as I could cut the throttle and glide for an hour or adjust the throttle to zero ground speed and hover horizontally for minutes on end. I built it in the mid 80's and still have the plane.

N2RYD

30cc
For me my go to plane is my sig senior kadet with my o.s 91 4 stroke I can fly it in any wind and just have fun.

My second go to is a Morris Hobbes Jerry big boy. That brings fun times.

Bob

For me it was my old Von/Dalton 35% extra 260. I got it used in the yellow scheme and recovered it during my summer break a few years back. It was my first time covering so it had a special feel to it. Plane flew amazing but I had to sell it to afford my first 40% plane, wish I still had.

IMG_0024.JPG 301062_230626823652136_1285562485_n.jpg