• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

@TerryCustom, how about a laser cut glue caddy kit?!

BalsaDust

It's one of those things I'd have to find some super cheap plywood to make it worth while. Have to see if they have any type of 1/8" plywood at Menards or something.

Somebody had told me to go to a cabinet shop for cheap 1/8 ply or at least a lot cheaper than ordering from national

Smitty

50cc
Seems like you could make on out foam, just use a hobby knife to cut out holes for all the stuff. I do like the looks of the one in the picture and to have a handle would be a big plus.---Smitty

Smitty

50cc
I don't remember them being very expensive when I bought a hand full from Lowe's. But then again sometimes I don't look at the price when I have a need, one of my many shortcomings.---Smitty

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Somebody had told me to go to a cabinet shop for cheap 1/8 ply or at least a lot cheaper than ordering from national

I buy mine in 4x8 sheets, last time I bought 25 sheets and even with truck freight from 6 states away it was a small fraction of what it costs at National. They make a ton of coin on plywood. But for a glue box you don't need super nice birch or lite ply as you will quickly have $12 in wood cost. Add laser time and they quickly become cost prohibitive.

My guess is they were originally made from scraps judging from the prices they were sold at and then when they ran out of scraps from not selling kits the glue kaddy was gone as well.

I'll do some looking sometime to see what's available.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Great topic !! A few yrs. ago I made one out of 1/8th" Baltic burch that we used to get cheap at a lumber place but they went out of business .It always came in 4x4 ' sheets & I used it in some repairs on planes & I built a lot railroad structures out of it too !! I found some on E-bay a while back but I could probably order it somewhere else. Oh, it is more flexible though than say, Sig plywoods . Here's my caddy I made !!
Thanks, John

DSCF2725.JPG