• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Syssa engines

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
just wanted to let you know that Todd and I have come to an agreement whereby I will be taking care of the customer service, repairs, sales, etc. I'm so excited to be part of his organization that I can hardly contain myself. Todd has a great company, and a great engine that's built right here in the U.S. of A.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
How to get work done? I run one and had bearing go out in one and killed it.
As soon as I get the shop set up (next week), I'll let everyone know what my new email address is and I'll be ready to take in repairs. I will take care of your engine in short order.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Here's the latest update - as I said before, Todd has a new cylinder and it's already moved into the production stage. We have several hundred in the que ready for the final process which is the liner. We were trying to find a small shop that could do hard chrome on aluminum. There's no such thing. We refuse to do the China thing. U.S. Chrome stepped up and made us a decent offer for hard chrome. Then comes a new technology that we have to consider. Don't quote me on all this, because I don't know jack about what I'm talking about. (Todd does, he's the engineer). But, check this out - an electroless nitride diamond finish! I'm super excited about it. They put diamond powder in the nitride emulsion and then turn on the juice. I always wanted an engine with bling! What's better than an engine covered in diamonds? The first cylinders are due back next week. As soon as I get one, I'm going to install it on one of my engines and run the heck out of it. Todd is going to do the same. Looks like we might make our first of the year goal.

If any of you have any experience with this type of finish, let me know about it.
Happy flying, and Merry Christmas!!