• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Splitting Cowls made easy

N2RYD

30cc
Terry,

My father and I are about to split his cowl on his 33% Pawnee. You say to use a thin kerf pull saw how thin of a blade should one use?

Bob

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, if you want to use PVA and don't have spray equipment I recommend a brush. Whenever I'm doing one or two cowls I always use a brush. Just takes a couple of light coats. I think I mentioned that but it's a good idea to note it again so people don't think it is complicated.

Cool, I must have passed over it when quickly re-reading the thread.

I think I'm going to do the cowl on my Slick since pulling it on and off is a PITA. I'll just use the electrical tape and PAM method.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I had plenty of it on hand so that is what I used on my 91" Cowl, I was worried about that but it really was not an issue. I passed a quick 320 over the inside to get rid of any snags but worked wonderful. Parts just fell off after removing the tape.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I had plenty of it on hand so that is what I used on my 91" Cowl, I was worried about that but it really was not an issue. I passed a quick 320 over the inside to get rid of any snags but worked wonderful. Parts just fell off after removing the tape.

Super, maybe this would be better than the cooking spray then? I guess if there was excess in the weave the only real mess would be cleaning it out after you are done. Lots of guy's doing fiberglass work use Carnuba paste wax, bet you could get away with that as well.