• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SOLOSHOT2: Get The Perfect RC Video of Your Plane In Flight By Yourself!

SleepyC

150cc
How many times have you been out flying and rip a SICK flight and think, MAN I wish I could have filmed that! Well, NOW YOU CAN!

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 8.22.05 PM.png

For $400 SoloShot2 allows you to have your camera follow your plane or ??? all the way out to around 2000+ feet! The best part it uses you camera, and your tripod, so if you love your camera you can use it! And if it's a supported cam, you can buy an additional module and the cam will also zoom for you as well! This is BAD ASS!

Film Yourself... Automatically
Film yourself from up to 2,000 ft. away without relying on a second person.

SOLOSHOT2 puts you in control so you can capture what you want, when you want, every time. Improve your skills or share that epic moment - no worries, no hassles and no bathroom breaks!

Simply attach your camera, pair the Base & Tag together and SOLOSHOT2 will automatically pan & tilt your camera to to keep you in the shot.

Check out the SOLOSHOT2 Camera Controller Accessory for Automatic Zoom* tracking and to send record/shutter commands right from your Tag.

Pair your Tag to multiple Bases to film yourself from multiple angles simultaneously. Pair multiple Tags to a single Base to film your friends tooand it will automatically track the closest, fastest or whoever pressed their Tag's "follow me" button. You can even combine multiple Bases and Multiple Tags to film events!

Battery Life - Up to 8 Hours Base, 4 Hours Tag.

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 8.39.02 PM.png

In the Box:

Base, Tag, Armband & Clip, USB Charging Cable, Tripod Tool and User Guide.

Optional Accessories:

Camera Controller*, Tripod, additional Bases, Tags & Armbands, compatible cameras.

Like most rad products, SOLOSHOT began as a solution to a problem. When the waves come up, everyone wants to be in the water. It’s hard to find someone to stand on the beach pointing a camera for hours even though that’s usually the best angle to shoot from. You really need a dedicated, skilled cameraman who is always at the ready to get the kind of high quality footage that professionals use to train or share with the world.

Even though SOLOSHOT started as a way for surfers to finally get that perspective shot they craved, the product has really taken off in all kinds of communities where the participants really want that angle that previously could only be captured by a dedicated professional cameraman. It’s pretty great to see random videos of rugby and soccer and even dog training and RC flying. When you think about it, you can set up a SOLOSHOT on the sidelines and get hours of super high quality footage of your practice, EVERY practice. The impact this kind of product will have on the careers of striving action and field sports athletes is already significant and we have only just begun to scratch the surface.

I still watch footage from surf trips I took 10 years ago and, even though it’s pretty shaky, it takes me back to that moment. I can remember the drive to the beach or how the fresh local juice tasted. It makes me smile to know that will happen with way more footage for way more people. Only now the footage (and the surfing) will be much better and the smiles a whole lot bigger.

On behalf of the entire SOLOSHOT Team, we would like to extend a hearty thanks to our loyal customers. Truly revolutionary products like SOLOSHOT could not exist without trailblazing early adopters like you. As a hands on company that proudly designs and manufactures its own products in the USA, we invite you to stay tuned as we continue to push the limit of what’s possible!

Now please, go film yourself!

Chris Boyle
Founder & CEO

Check out this simple demo of an RC plane:

And filming a Quad Copter:

For more information check out: www.soloshot.com

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My question is, how fast can it track? Say, if someone had it on their 3D helicopter? Or if someone was just shredding up the sky...

But otherwise, this thing is beyond badass!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Funny you should post this. @Mikeq were actually talking about this a couple of days ago. So now I see it has been accomplished. It is time to get one coming.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks like the tags themselves only weigh 2.1 ounces. so not a big deal for bigger airplanes, might be a bit of an issue for smaller foamies. I bet someone could easily engineer a micro tag that weighs less than half of that.

This is definitely on my 2015 gadgets list for sure!!!!!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Okay, I did manage to find a video of someone doing some faster paced flying. At 1:40, the camera loses sight of the airplane momentarily, thouhg I thin that can be adjusted with a wider zoom parameter...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Okay, I did manage to find a video of someone doing some faster paced flying. At 1:40, the camera loses sight of the airplane momentarily, thouhg I thin that can be adjusted with a wider zoom parameter...

Ok...that's it. Getting one.:way_to_go: