• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

So where is everyone from? Countries? States?

Mikeq

150cc
Profile Pilot;10245 wrote: Alma, Arkansas. I grew up just south of KC. Moved here for the job. Unbelievable scenery around here!

I go through Alma probably once a week either to Fort Smith or headed up 540 to the Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers or Bentonville area... Before the 540 was finished I used to have to go up the old scenic Highway 71 that at one point was deemed the second deadliest highway in North America...averaged 35 vehicular deaths a year or at least that's what the sign said before you got into the curves. Now I hear they won't let 18 wheelers traveled up it anymore.

Do you have a RC club the Alma area? I know there is one in Fort Smith and in Fayetteville but never heard of one in the Alma area...

Funny, I am at Maumelle fairly regularly. Conway at least once a week. Fort Smith Flightmasters is the only local club I have found. I have not joined yet, but I am going to talk to them soon. I had been away from RC for a bit, but got the bug again. I have upgraded my radio and a few other things. I had to get the planes all running again (they got kinda gummed up). And I have been spending some time on the sim, but now I am ready to go fly.

Mikeq

150cc
Good deal...glad you're back...this hobby can be very addictive. I have had some peaks and valleys but I've never lost interest just sometimes get wrapped up in work and family like most of us do and you have to put it aside temporarily. I warn you though, once you go gas will never go back:smile-new:

Mikeq

150cc
Profile Pilot;10309 wrote: Funny, I am at Maumelle fairly regularly. Conway at least once a week. Fort Smith Flightmasters is the only local club I have found. I have not joined yet, but I am going to talk to them soon. I had been away from RC for a bit, but got the bug again. I have upgraded my radio and a few other things. I had to get the planes all running again (they got kinda gummed up). And I have been spending some time on the sim, but now I am ready to go fly.

Good deal...glad you're back...this hobby can be very addictive. I have had some peaks and valleys but I've never lost interest just sometimes get wrapped up in work and family like most of us do and you have to put it aside temporarily. I warn you though, once you go gas you will never go back

Mikeq

150cc
Extra nuts;10334 wrote: Originally from Fairfax, Virginia. Now in St.George, Utah.

I remember St George...it's where we got off the freeway from Vegas headed to Escalante and Torrey on Highway 12 for one of the best motorcycle rides I have ever taken. Southern Utah along with Colorado has some of the most scenic places in North America.