• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

So here is the deal... SleepyC style.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
The thing we may be missing here is pretty basic and fundimental to all long lasting growth. Kid's, we need to be able to reach youths and get their attention off the playstation and onto a building table and local field. Kids a wowed by cool in any form. Consider a GSN flying school or invite a group of cub scouts out for some hands on lessons. Even easier.. I challenge myself and all of you to.. like AMA logo says" take a kid flying " . When you involve a kid you involve a Dad, when you involve a Dad, you involve a family and it spreads. And sadly nothing happens withiut dad's wallet soooo.
Huge events with mega buck planes are awesome, but typically for the people already involved. At said huge event a trainer box must be mandatory, even a real flight sim with a big monitor to excite the mind and let people feel like their already flying something.
Possibly put on demos at local schools or halftime at football games.
GSN charity drive would be nice to do also.
GSN giving a plane to a worthy young pilot in training.
GSN weekend flight school.
Nothing more grassroots than making a kid's imagination get off the couch or off their phones.
I have zero skills at organization, but am willing to get involved in any of these type of events. In fact, ill be looking through the newspaper to find a cub scout meeting and try to put on a demo flight, I believe aeronautics is still a badge to earn.
The call is out.. take a kid flying.. even if its your own. Good for the kid, good for your soul and the hobby.

reyn3545

100cc
Keep the needs of the host sites in mind also..... the previous events took their money and left the host with some major bills to pay!

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
There are Huckfest in other sports, it is not only a RC event, so the word Huckfest can't be stolen.
Well I'll be damned... you're right! From http://thehuckfest.com/ :
"Huckfest originally began as a group of friends who would show up at the Oceano Sand Dunes to jump their trucks for distance and glory.” Bragging rights were the only prizes to be awarded, but if you know anything about off-roaders you know that bragging rights are everything. Every year the group got bigger and bigger, more and more competitors showed up to test their metal and to claim those coveted rights. Eventually, it grew so large that Oceano SVRA Parks required permits for the 2012 event. Fast forward to 2013, the event grows by “leaps and bounds” from 5,000 spectators to over 15,000 in one year, an increase not anticipated by organizers.
I also recall seeing it associated with extreme/freestyle skiing.
SO one of the things I noticed that developed with the HF's was over the years it became the battle of the skills. And in 2015 I'd like to revert. We will organize events but I want to make sure EVERYONE is welcome. Noobs - Joe Smith. I want a Noob to be confident that if he/she shows up to a GSN chartered event they can #1 have fun #2 get help if needed. Let's make a REAL family.
Regarding the intent of SleepyC's post, the term 'Huckfest' implies a venue for performances by the best of the best. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching someone with madd skillz throw down with abandon.) But I agree with his assertion that we need to create/promote more events that are inclusive of all skill levels... or at least start incorporating more teaching/training into said events.