• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

slope soaring who does it ? where and what are you flying?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to share this month's cover because both models on the cover were test flown at Eagle Butte. There I was able to log much time on both models as a way to give you an honest report on how the models fly in both thermal and slope lift.
You can learn more at www.rc-sf.com.

Attachments

• SF20-03-001.jpg
    SF20-03-001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 585

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i've always wished we had a slope flying site nearby but all of our slopes are covered with trees!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Were awful lucky here in the California Valley, slopes in the foothills.. slopes at the coast only an hour or two to get to either .

Very cool link, thank you.

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
I have found a few of the flood control dams around NW CT that are decent, landings can be challenging as there is not much room.

Wil was not exaggerating about the potential of Eagle Butte as long flights are generally the rule. To record this video without editing we keep it short, as the conditions were excellent for at least an hour flight. I flew it off and Wil Byers did the launch and approaches to landing (he has been flying off Eagle for at least 30 years now.
Gene