• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

daskip87

New to GSN!
Got my Slick in on Monday and maidened it last night. I love the way this thing flys. I am running a Motrolfly 4315-480 motor, 100 ICE esc, 15x7 Xoar on 6S 2200 and coming down after 5 minutes with 35-40% left in the battery. Having a big fun fly at our local flying field this Sat, so hopefully I can get some video of it.

59AJSlick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Got my Slick in on Monday and maidened it last night. I love the way this thing flys. I am running a Motrolfly 4315-480 motor, 100 ICE esc, 15x7 Xoar on 6S 2200 and coming down after 5 minutes with 35-40% left in the battery. Having a big fun fly at our local flying field this Sat, so hopefully I can get some video of it.

How do you like the 6S configuration? I'm running 4S2800 on a Motrolfly 3615-750...how much weight did the 6S configuration add?
This is a fun plane, to be sure...looking forward to your videos from this upcoming weekend!

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2

View attachment 1109

Niiiiccccccccccceeeee !! :D After a successful maiden, if you didn't have a big cheshire CaT smile on you face, something wrongO with you ! :p And, plenty more smiles to come !!

daskip87

New to GSN!
How do you like the 6S configuration? I'm running 4S2800 on a Motrolfly 3615-750...how much weight did the 6S configuration add?
This is a fun plane, to be sure...looking forward to your videos from this upcoming weekend!

I love the power it has. I haven't weighed it yet as I have been trying to get everything ready for our clubs big fun fly this weekend. I flew the maiden with a 6S 3300 to be safe then switched to the 2200's.
It seemed to track a little better with the heavier pack but it is more convenient for me to run the 2200's and has a better feel doing 3D because of the lighter weight.

SteveT.

100cc
San Jose, CA. doesn't have enough of a skyline to make it worthwhile....only a few tall buildings, and at that, they are limited to 17 stories as they are under the landing path for San Jose/Minetta airport....

SteveT

Attachments

• .SanJoseSkylineSmall.jpg
    .SanJoseSkylineSmall.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 212

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had to do a "flameout" landing with my 70" Slickness today... it was a firm plop down on the grass field, but the landing gear plate held up EXCELLENT! (thanks SteveT)

The two 1/4" Nylon landing gear bolts worked exactly as they're supposed to and gave way. So all I have to do is repair a puncture in the bottom wing covering, and fix the EC5 connector that backed out for second during an aggressive pop-top, causing my ESC to reboot.

Much better to fix a little covering, than rebuild a LG plate.

-G