• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
If I ever get finished with a home remodel my next build will be around ten grand. Just the short kit will be over $2500, and $3000 for the engine. But man oh man they are sweet when complete and in the air.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The Samson three view I posted a few days ago also had a PDF file with it. I found out today that the PDF was in Vector format, so I was able to import it into Turbocad as a fully modifiable drawing. Many PDF's are in Raster format and don't import as a clean workable file.

I have no way to know how accurate the 3 view is, but for my purposes it would be fine.

I did some scaling and at 78.5" wing span it would be 64.5" long The cowl would be massive at 13.75" round. You could loose a DA100 in there. ;)

The more I think about this Biplane project the more I'm sure the DA50 is out. Bigger is better right? DA70 at least.;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The Samson three view I posted a few days ago also had a PDF file with it. I found out today that the PDF was in Vector format, so I was able to import it into Turbocad as a fully modifiable drawing. Many PDF's are in Raster format and don't import as a clean workable file.

I have no way to know how accurate the 3 view is, but for my purposes it would be fine.

I did some scaling and at 78.5" wing span it would be 64.5" long The cowl would be massive at 13.75" round. You could loose a DA100 in there. ;)

The more I think about this Biplane project the more I'm sure the DA50 is out. Bigger is better right? DA70 at least.;)
The only thing I can say is I have built 3 bi-planes and every one ended up tail heavy. And also you can never put enough HP in a biplane. They just seem to to fly better with more power. Quite a while back with a 60 di-plane started with a Sato 150 And ended up with 3W42 and it flew great and looked good with the huge propeller

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I done with the upgrades on my buddies 3 meter Sukhoi, my airplanes don't need more than a few minutes maintenance, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, humm, what am I going to do with myself? Maybe it's time to sit down with the laptop and start drawing a biplane!

That means I have to decide which one before than.
images.jpeg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I done with the upgrades on my buddies 3 meter Sukhoi, my airplanes don't need more than a few minutes maintenance, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, humm, what am I going to do with myself? Maybe it's time to sit down with the laptop and start drawing a biplane!

That means I have to decide which one before than.
View attachment 98213

I've always been fond of the good O'l fashion Stearman. :way_to_go:

image.jpg

Specifications: Boeing N2S Stearman
Engine:
One 220-horsepower Continental R-670-5 piston radial engine
Empty Weight:
1,936 lbs.
Max Takeoff Weight:
2,717 lbs.
Wing Span:
32ft. 2in.