• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Shapeoko 3

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
So @Bartman here is a review of inventables newest CNC the XCARVE. Biggest plus to this over the Shapeoko 2 (not sure about the 3) is there are far fewer parts so it goes together quicker. Yes it has to be built but I would think it would be well worth it as you get to know your machine and what to look at and address if things need to be fixed or adjusted. Also is a link to their website. You can easily go through their order form to get an idea of the cost of a new one.

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/x-carve

about two years ago I tried to set up an online shop to sell the multi-rotor helicopter frames and camera mounts that I had been designing and was ready to manufacture. i was a day or two away from pulling the trigger on a 4x6 (foot!) CNC router that I was going to put in my garage....i can think of a million things to do with it....maybe one day I'll spend the $$$ for a smaller one.

Vital-Rc

50cc
Welcome to world of Cnc ! I use Mach 3 for the controller and aspire for the cam software. If you're new to Cnc I highly recommend aspire as you will be cutting stuff out on the fly and not spending hours figuring it out . Plus it gives you room to grow . My favorite is alpha cam but if you're not in the production environment it's over kill .

daman691003

70cc twin V2
It arrived. Man is it heavy. Fifty pounds plus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 259

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Unpacked. Everything is really nice. I have a work bench coming tommorow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 281

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Step one assemble table. This was easy. Hardest part was finding cap screws. The hardware is very nice. M5 15mm x 6 screws.