• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

You sure didn't skimp on the material thickness on that control horn. You're prints turn out REALLY good. Do you tap the your PLA parts or use nuts?

Yes the thickness is there for strength, and yes I do tap the PLA parts but add a nut with locktite for security , of course not being a scale airplane, then I'm OK with this

the flight cables on the tail section, using Kevlar with 68 kg tensil strenght

Attachments

• 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 329
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 330
  • 127.JPG
    127.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 289
Wow big change what made you do that.
well, a few reasons, first the plans calls for a 120cc gas engine , but I don't use gas on this particular airplane so no vibrations, I can build lighter, also the plans was for a hard core 3D airplane, but I don't do 3D, just smooth aerobatics , so first I installed the smaller motor which in my opinion is all I need, but I would have to add nose weight to balance, so I opted to make the extra weight work instead of just sitting there, and finally I had this motor for a while for a project that didn't pan out . After reading what I just wrote , I think I am trying to justify myself LOLOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am no different I will always add some thing that benefits the plane and I have on several occasions changed the engine size if possible to compensate for nose weight.