• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 1231 jitter

New Savox 1231 on pull-pull rudder, EF88 Edge w/DA60, unregulated A123's. After only 15 flights, servo has started to jitter at neutral. Put your hand on the rudder or jog the stick and it stops. I've had the same thing with JR servos but after more flights.

I'm not too worried about it, it's just a little annoying. I'm thinking I might try the velcro-in-the-gap fix.

Anyone else seeing this with Savox?

Nope. Of course, I dont have any airplanes currently flying that use Pull Pull for rudder. How is the slack in your cables?

I have a pair of those servos going back in my Comp ARF MX2 on the rudder. I need some tail weight, so I will be going to a push pull method vs the pull pull that was previously installed.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey TnAeroNut,

I know you've probably thought of this, but did you use a freshly charged receiver battery? If so, the voltage may be a little on the high side.

Hey TnAeroNut,

I know you've probably thought of this, but did you use a freshly charged receiver battery? If so, the voltage may be a little on the high side.
No, I don't think so. I saw it for the first time today on the bench. Have not recharged since last time out at the field, and didn't see it at the field. Probably started during the last flight, or I think I would have noticed while cranking it.

One of the big reasons for choosing Savox (first time I've used them) was the assurance from the Savox distributor that they're ok with un-reg A123's

yakken

100cc
My brother and i use 1231s on two 40 centers with a123s and no problems yet. Both planes have about 3 to 4 hundred flights on them.[emoji106]