• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ROLLING Chicken Stick

I use my hand, with a glove if I remember it, and have never had any problems. What type of stories are out there where using your hand didn't work out so well.

Way too many! ...and counting. The risk is just too high and the consequences are too painful for me to hand start!
That's the problem, people say (as you) "...and have never had any problems". The person that owns the hand below probably said the same thing...up till it happened.
R

Attachments

• P1010724.jpg
    P1010724.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 371

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I use my hand, with a glove if I remember it, and have never had any problems. What type of stories are out there where using your hand didn't work out so well.
Last winter, i saw a video of a guy hand starting a like a 285 cc engine. He flips it bare handed many times, steps out of and comes back into camera view. The guy reaches down and grabs the prop and rolls it to the left. Well it sparks and the poor guy runs out of camera view again.

Last winter, i saw a video of a guy hand starting a like a 285 cc engine. He flips it bare handed many times, steps out of and comes back into camera view. The guy reaches down and grabs the prop and rolls it to the left. Well it sparks and the poor guy runs out of camera view again.

Kind of like this guy...

r

Wacobipe

100cc
There's plenty of people that have damaged/lost fingers from propping an airplane. Just last year at our field one of our most experienced and responsible members didn't realize the tail of his plane wasn't in the restraint before propping his plane...when it fired the plane lurched forward into his hand and he ended up rushed to the hospital for 15-20 stitches in his fingers. It was one ugly scene the next weekend when I first saw it...and I don't ever want to repeat that site with my fingers!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There's plenty of people that have damaged/lost fingers from propping an airplane. Just last year at our field one of our most experienced and responsible members didn't realize the tail of his plane wasn't in the restraint before propping his plane...when it fired the plane lurched forward into his hand and he ended up rushed to the hospital for 15-20 stitches in his fingers. It was one ugly scene the next weekend when I first saw it...and I don't ever want to repeat that site with my fingers!

So starting an unrestrained plane was the problem or hand starting?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Way too many! ...and counting. The risk is just too high and the consequences are too painful for me to hand start!
That's the problem, people say (as you) "...and have never had any problems". The person that owns the hand below probably said the same thing...up till it happened.
R

How did the back of his hand get hurt?

Our club is 350 members strong and everybody hand starts.

How did the back of his hand get hurt?

Our club is 350 members strong and everybody hand starts.

I am not sure how the back of his hand got hurt. He posted the picture and just said the throttle was wide open.

I take it your are a staunch proponent of hand starting your RC engines. I always say, to each their own. I do not attack anyone for the way they do things. If thats what your prefer then it is perfectly fine with me that you do it your way. There are many accounts of people getting hurt and having serious injuries from starting their engines with their bare hand, and also when using a glove. I used an electric starter on my DA120 (it has a aluminum prop hub) but when I graduated up to my DLE-170 with a carbon fiber spinner I couldnt (didnt want to) use an electric starter. I tried a paint roller and (in my opinion) is not an RC accessory item. I hand started the 170 around 20 times and each time it put the fear in me. Its a fact that if that big an engine & prop catches my bare hand...I'll be headed for the ER and that I do not want to happen! I came up with the ROLLING Chicken Stick because there was no starting stick on the market that worked well. The thing that makes the starting stick work is the rolling action of the front part of the stick that comes in contact with the prop. I found this starting stick to work exceptionally well and decided to share it with anyone else that would like an alternative way of starting their RC engines. I came out with the RCS last December and since then have shipped to 47 states in the US and more then 15 foreign countries. The response has been beyond my expectations. There are 30 pages of reviews sent in by customers that have put the Chicken Stick to the test. I have to say that I would not have better reviews if I had written them myself. To read the reviews go to the website www.rollingchickenstick.com and go to the links mentioned. I personally will never start a RC engine, especially something like a 170cc, by hand. I offer the RCS to other RC pilots as a good and safe alternative to the risk of hand starting, but like I said at the beginning...to each their own.

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
I am not sure how the back of his hand got hurt. He posted the picture and just said the throttle was wide open.

I take it your are a staunch proponent of hand starting your RC engines. I always say, to each their own. I do not attack anyone for the way they do things. If thats what your prefer then it is perfectly fine with me that you do it your way. There are many accounts of people getting hurt and having serious injuries from starting their engines with their bare hand, and also when using a glove. I used an electric starter on my DA120 (it has a aluminum prop hub) but when I graduated up to my DLE-170 with a carbon fiber spinner I couldnt (didnt want to) use an electric starter. I tried a paint roller and (in my opinion) is not an RC accessory item. I hand started the 170 around 20 times and each time it put the fear in me. Its a fact that if that big an engine & prop catches my bare hand...I'll be headed for the ER and that I do not want to happen! I came up with the ROLLING Chicken Stick because there was no starting stick on the market that worked well. The thing that makes the starting stick work is the rolling action of the front part of the stick that comes in contact with the prop. I found this starting stick to work exceptionally well and decided to share it with anyone else that would like an alternative way of starting their RC engines. I came out with the RCS last December and since then have shipped to 47 states in the US and more then 15 foreign countries. The response has been beyond my expectations. There are 30 pages of reviews sent in by customers that have put the Chicken Stick to the test. I have to say that I would not have better reviews if I had written them myself. To read the reviews go to the website www.rollingchickenstick.com and go to the links mentioned. I personally will never start a RC engine, especially something like a 170cc, by hand. I offer the RCS to other RC pilots as a good and safe alternative to the risk of hand starting, but like I said at the beginning...to each their own.
Richard, I would like to try one of these. PM me please