• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC Power Expander Question

bruceman

50cc
Has anyone used the Redwing RC Power Expander board in their plane(s) yet? Looking for feedback on tips, problems etc.
I bought one for a new 30% Pilot Edge and have not installed it yet.

Thanks,
Bruceman:)

gyro

GSN Contributor

Pros:
Setup was very simple.
The instructions were sufficient, essentially a wiring diagram.
Not very heavy.

Cons:
use of the included ignition cut off on the red one is designed for a separate ignition battery.
So when using LiPo or LiFe, you can't jump power in from an unused channel, as it doesn't step down voltage.
This is a non issue on newer 8.4v compatible ignitions, so I think you could jump power in from elsewhere on the board.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Has anybody out there used the black power expander from redwing, if so what are specifics on set up ? Thanks Guys!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Has anybody out there used the black power expander from redwing, if so what are specifics on set up ? Thanks Guys!

Like this one in my 104 Extra?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410391228.834519.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's the one! Looks pretty straight forward Thanks gyro

My pleasure! It works excellent by the way, especially seeing my voltage displayed before each flight so I know what I've got left in my batteries :)

Let me, or [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] know if you've got any other questions.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Thanks alot Gyro the voltage display is one reason I like it so much, the other is price compared to smart fly.