• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Redwing RC 89 Extra 330sc

gyro

GSN Contributor
Great pictures Gary. Side by side to the 3DHS 87" do they present the same?

Thanks Ray!
To me, the RW flies a little more stable through some maneuvers, almost like an Edge, and gets a little more violent in tumbles.
The 3dhs is a little more capable in precision maneuvers.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Thanks Ray!
To me, the RW flies a little more stable through some maneuvers, almost like an Edge, and gets a little more violent in tumbles.
The 3dhs is a little more capable in precision maneuvers.
Thanks Gary, poorly worded question on my side, I have read your flying comments before I was asking side by side on the ground related to size? I have to get to an event to see some of these but RW planes seem smaller to me in their size range and shorter fuse lengths.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gary, poorly worded question on my side, I have read your flying comments before I was asking side by side on the ground related to size? I have to get to an event to see some of these but RW planes seem smaller to me in their size range and shorter fuse lengths.

I think the fuse on the RW may be in inch or so shorter, not really significant IMHO.

The difference you may see when side by side on the ground, is the RW is a little fatter in the cowl, and has a more aggressive taper to the tail. The turtle deck is also smaller so the fuse height where the vert stab meets the fuse is not as tall.

In the air, it presents like every other 50-60cc

gyro

GSN Contributor
Who am I to recommend a plane... Or even compare it to another... I'm a novice pilot. But Joe does a great job of showcasing some of what I've been talking about:

Maybe flylow3d can drop by and shed some light on the capabilities of this RW airplane.

Last edited:

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey guys - great conversation so far...

1) Here's the thing - our 50cc Extra is an EXCELLENT plane. No DOUBT. Gary - I'm glad you are proud of it. I don't really care to say it's better or not. reality - it probably does some things better and some things worse. I'm not foolish or blind to reality. But it's a damn good plane as are a lot of planes in our line up.

2) we are CONSTANTLY improving. Joe has flown it and has HIGH remarks on it. I don't want to quote him - I'll let him should he choose. He has some suggestions also that you will be sure to see in the future. VERY subtle things... moving the ailerons a touch away from the fuse to let more air go by etc.

3) TO whomever said our planes are "PEAK, AEROBEEZ etc." this is COMPLETELY wrong. they no longer buy from our factory. When they did our designs were unique to us. And now our factory is constantly trying to keep pace with our ambition and doing a GREAT job. So unless you are SURE of what you are saying please be careful of what you say, or you may unknowingly be spewing lies. We have two aeronautical engineers in tow that give advice after getting some idea of how they fly and what could be changed and how. there's a lot more .. service etc. I won't go on and on

4) I try to do right by my customers. If anyone has an issue... a "beef" whatever you want to call it... call us. email us. If need be I'll talk to you personally. though my crew, ever growing, is getting very good and taking care of most issues amicably without me (thank god as I can't do it all myself anymore).

I always try to make sure my yes is yes, my no is no, and follow the golden rule. My team has been taught to try to approach the same way.

If you never approach us personally/directly, and just post online, there is something wrong with that approach in my mind.

Any other questions?
Tim - Owner Redwing RC
info@redwingrc.com (PUT ATTN TIM if you want to direct it to me)

Last edited by a moderator:

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Alright then: Ready?

Redwing 50cc Extra 330. More quesitons? Ask away :)

We have had quite a few go out and should have more in the air in the spring. So I'm sure you will be seeing more and more reviews and experiences with them.

Some info I'd like to share since I"m on the thread, starting NOW: Any 50cc Extra 330 you buy will have integrated lights optional on the SFGs. So the SFGs have a hole cut out for the LEDs and the wing has a tube you can send the wires down to connect. So you can go night flying.

Also the fuse and wings will both have CF stringers/spars running down the length for extra strength.

The 50cc Yak 55 also is going to have the CF stringers and spars, as are MOST of our other planes in the line up. Again, we are constantly progressing and incorporating micro innovation in our frames.

ExtraJohn, I can have one brought in as a box of sticks you can glue together and cover if you like :)

Attachments

• SFG.jpg
    SFG.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 30cc_Extra_330_red_1_DLE_61_19.jpg
    30cc_Extra_330_red_1_DLE_61_19.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 50cc_Yak_55_o_02.jpg
    50cc_Yak_55_o_02.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 298

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes it will be available to fit the slot already prepared. I think the retail will be about $20 for a set of 4. We need to make sure we know our true cost first but not a WHOLE lot of money