• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Red Carbon Fibre Spinner?

I'm struggling to find a 4.5" red carbon fibre spinner in the UK. I'm happy to import from US but I'm not really familiar with the shops in the US - can one of you guys who know point me in the right direction of which shops to buy from please?

(Only other requirement apart from red is that is has a metal backplate)

Cheers.

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I've been searching around without any luck. Cheif has red option but no metal backplate. Tru Turn has a red anodized spinner but that's not carbon. If I find any other option I'll let you know.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with an answer?

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

Esprit model.com has some red ones, but I believe they're Fiberglass and not CF.

@Phil.Griffin , thanks!

@pawnshopmike yes, TruTurn is my backup option but they're so expensive (although very good as I have one on my IMAC model).

I'd be happy to go with fiberglass as long as is red, does that widen the options?

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much heavier a spinner made of of fiberglass rather than carbon would be for the same size spinner?

JBenson

50cc
I have a red mejzlik spinner in the shop that is not being used. If you are interested in something user let me know and I will snap some pictures.

M

Matt

@Phil.Griffin , thanks!

@pawnshopmike yes, TruTurn is my backup option but they're so expensive (although very good as I have one on my IMAC model).

I'd be happy to go with fiberglass as long as is red, does that widen the options?

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much heavier a spinner made of of fiberglass rather than carbon would be for the same size spinner?
As for weight... There is no significant difference... Carbon is only used because of its "wow" factor... The no limits spinners are great, light and cheap. They are white and a can of red or whatever color spray paint works awesome! For what we do there is not really an advantage to carbon, and don't believe when they say it's much stronger... As soon as it's inpregnated with resin it is actually slightly more brittle than comparable glass...

I build composite airplanes for a living and we recently did a huge study on this... We are now building mostly glass airframes and some carbon and Kevlar here and there