• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Ok.. I consider myself a non moron when it comes the the web. But I am stumped.
I got my Mac Book running windows, and it's running Real Flight 7.5 FLAWLESSLY.
But I can not get it to join a multi person flyin. Any suggestions?

AS muc a I hate the ownr of RF, it's FUN! Especially the multi's and also the PAU Edge 540!
@SleepyC are you running through Bootcamp or Parallels?

Last edited:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Have somebody else buy it for you. Then you are technically not buying anything from him.

yakken

100cc
With the help of our resident and most bodacious custom builder Terry, (@Terryscustom) :woohoo!: I have actually grad-e-ated to being able to do rolling harrier circles. Mucho appreciato Mr. Wiles.... Both left and right aileron rolls are coming along not too shabby. I am so not even to the point of doing loops but there is one thing I need help with for now. In doing a rolling harrier, can someone...."ANYONE" offer some advice on how to preform this maneuver correctly without ending up going in a circle? I originally started practicing doing rolling circles with just aileron...then with just rudder as per Terry's suggestions. After just banging the sticks and tossing the planes every which way to understand which direction the plane is going to go next, It just came on like a light bulb and just started progressing from there. I would really like to understand how and what it is that I am either doing, or not doing that keeps me from doing a rolling harrier in just a straight line. Ya know? Like down the center line of the runway. So....jump in here everyone. Help an old guy dude learn some new tricks. :way_to_go:

Thanks....
If your doing circles you are reacting to the plane instead of making it do what you want it to do. The more you practice you will realize one day that your making the plane do what you want it to do instead of just trying to keep it off the ground.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
it's not the quality of the product that i'm hung up on

:(
Bart,

Mock up that Pitts your working on and photograph it. Then paste it the box cover for the daily contest their having over in the land of clown punchers. If you win it then you're good to go! Come on, I dare you.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So I am discovering. Oh and lots....LOTS of resets on the radio. LOL

Everybody has a slightly different technique to get it down, but in general when you steer the plane you are going to want to work on your timings using both rudder and elevator to keep the tail from bobbing up and down and to make the airplane steer in the direction you want it to go. When you figure out those timings you can actively adjust them on the fly and vary your inputs to make the airplane go in a straight line or in a circle in the direction of your choice, even changing the angle of your harrier.

When you can control your airplane like that then maneuvers like rolling loops or Cuban 8's will become easier and easier. The most important thing you have to do is not practice until you get it right, but practice until you can't get it wrong.