• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The trick for me to wake up my real life flying was to get a nice capable plane that I bought knowing I would fly hard. You can bounce Extreme Flight 91 and 88" planes off the ground pretty hard multiple times and they keep on ticking. Also going larger helped me a lot, I got better in my first few months flying a 40% plane than anything else.
Yup....Roger that.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The trick for me to wake up my real life flying was to get a nice capable plane that I bought knowing I would fly hard. You can bounce Extreme Flight 91 and 88" planes off the ground pretty hard multiple times and they keep on ticking. Also going larger helped me a lot, I got better in my first few months flying a 40% plane than anything else.
Dang, now I need a 40%.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Editing planes in RealFlight 7.5

Can someone share and tips on editing planes in RF 7.5 or better yet an online tutorial. Say I have two planes and one I like the way it fly's (Carden Extra) and one I like the way it looks (Daniels 104" EF Extra) . Can I use the edit data from the Carden and populate that in the EF 104?

Here is another thing that seems weird to me or maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. For rates/throws I only see Low but where is High?

Thanks

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
High rates are located under the control surface menu (which is under the main wing menu, which is under the aircraft tab), you input the max deflection in degrees.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Editing planes in RealFlight 7.5

Can someone share and tips on editing planes in RF 7.5 or better yet an online tutorial. Say I have two planes and one I like the way it fly's (Carden Extra) and one I like the way it looks (Daniels 104" EF Extra) . Can I use the edit data from the Carden and populate that in the EF 104?

There is too much to really "nutshell" in a tutorial. There are dozens of things to change to try to make it fly more realistic.
Just some of these are: Weight, weight distribution, fuselage profile, fuselage airfoil (yes the fuse does fly, even on real planes), wing size, shape, incidence, dihedral and airfoil, stab size, shape, airfoil and weight, rudder size, shape airfoil and weight as well as all the typical engine options. Then you start on throws, rates, expo, servo speed, etc.

Best bet is to go into the editor and just start playing around. Pick the plane you want to edit and save it as something new. Then make small changes at a time and avoid multiple changes so you learn how certain things change the way the plane flies.