• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

reyn3545

100cc
OK... "Santa" finally arrived (we were traveling, so delayed our at-home Christmas until today).. I've got RealFlight wireless hooked up to the video server, displaying on a 50 inch 3DTV. Time to play!

How do I get in?
Realflight.jpg

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Go to the toolbar, click multiplayer, click join, highlight GSN Huckfest or whatever the GSN title is, enter the password: gsnhuck, and fly!

reyn3545

100cc
Thanks... I didn't see any GSN titles, but was able to join a few others for a few minutes... I'll keep looking.

reyn3545

100cc
That Yak is 10 times better to fly than the standard planes... what typical updates do you make to the standard airframes to get better performance?

I also noticed that if you introduce even a 10 MPH wind, the plane is 10x harder to get down. Even harder at 20 MPH. And that's just a breeze straight down the runway. I suspect CG is the difference here, because it just wants to lift up.

BTW... the wireless interface is GREAT! I always got bored trying to fly with the old standard controller, and I didn't like cableing one transmitter to another, then mapping out all the channels to use my own radio. The Anylink 2 just plugs into the back of my 18MZ, the dongle plugs into the computer, and I'm flying! I manage all of the throws, expo, etc.. in the radio just like any other plane. Now, I guess, if I were flying several different sim airplanes, I would need to create a model in the transmitter for each, but that wouldn't be a problem either. I think I'm going to like the new version.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
On the sim the wind actually feels about twice what it reads. If you put in a 3-4mph wind it feels like 5-8 easily. For the planes I typically change the airfoils, change weights and also change height and width of the fuselage sometimes. I find that if you add weight and change wing dimensions the planes instantly get better than stock. Then change power settings, throws, expos / rates, CG and prop to taste.