• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Put a face to that name!

Spring2013 687.jpg my son and i and the mxs

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Never posted here. Not sure why but here I am this past weekend with the new (to me) 78. Lovin it !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
sweet plane!

i think this may be my next plane. i think i could fly this at my daily field.

Chris Hinson has some electric models available, and if you send them an email tonight, he might be able to throw one on the trailer for you to pick up in bowling green! :)

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
was really wanting to go gas or is there a difference?

The only comparison I have is between this one gas on the DLE 35 and Matt's (Enterprise) 70" electric which he flew quite a bit at NJ (orange blue wht). I wanted a gasser and am happy I did it. My personal limit right now on electric is 6 cell. I have 5 batts and that's a good amount of flying without charging. Above that it gets complicated for charging at the field (Generator, marine batts, etc.). Much easier to Fuel, Flip and Fly! If the "boys" got it all together we would see a 70-80" electric with a power combo that will give about 5-6 mins of aggressive flying on 2- 6 cell 3300-4000) in series (since we all (most) have a supply from our 60" fleets. Until that happens I'll be gas above 60". That's logistics. Flying, they both fly really nice but going 10-13 minutes and having the sound and flying the past week on less than $4 worth of gas! with only 2 charges of a 2 cell lipo. Hmmm tough argument for me. MHO!
Much more than this comment shifts us to another thread I'm afraid- "70-80" electric or gas?"

hosam

70cc twin V2
cool, a new thread (at least for me)...

me and my 8 months old boy (Rylan) helping me work on my 87...

Attachments

• IMAG1483.jpg
    IMAG1483.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 275

hosam

70cc twin V2
The only comparison I have is between this one gas on the DLE 35 and Matt's (Enterprise) 70" electric which he flew quite a bit at NJ (orange blue wht). I wanted a gasser and am happy I did it. My personal limit right now on electric is 6 cell. I have 5 batts and that's a good amount of flying without charging. Above that it gets complicated for charging at the field (Generator, marine batts, etc.). Much easier to Fuel, Flip and Fly! If the "boys" got it all together we would see a 70-80" electric with a power combo that will give about 5-6 mins of aggressive flying on 2- 6 cell 3300-4000) in series (since we all (most) have a supply from our 60" fleets. Until that happens I'll be gas above 60". That's logistics. Flying, they both fly really nice but going 10-13 minutes and having the sound and flying the past week on less than $4 worth of gas! with only 2 charges of a 2 cell lipo. Hmmm tough argument for me. MHO!
Much more than this comment shifts us to another thread I'm afraid- "70-80" electric or gas?"

Gas for me for anything bigger than a 7x" size planes :D... actually I have 2 Veloxes, one is electric (6S) and the other is getting a DLE 30...