• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pull Pull Tail Waggle

AKfreak

150cc
Hey guys, I am sure most of you have a pull pull set up for your rudder. Do any of you have a tail waggle on the down line of a hammer head?

My friend said he had this in his 40% Aeroworks Extra 260. Chip Hyde told him to get rid of the Pull Pull and add servos with turn buckles direct to the rudder. He said the waggle was gone.

Have any of you had to fix tail waggle in a pull pull system?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I have not experienced this and I'm glad because I would not want to move weight to the tail!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys, I am sure most of you have a pull pull set up for your rudder. Do any of you have a tail waggle on the down line of a hammer head?

My friend said he had this in his 40% Aeroworks Extra 260. Chip Hyde told him to get rid of the Pull Pull and add servos with turn buckles direct to the rudder. He said the waggle was gone.

Almost all my planes have pull-pull setups and they all work fine. I'd venture to guess the setup is the culprit, not the the fact it's pull-pull vs push-pull.

SnowDog

yep, I had this in the upline and the downline...after properly setting the tension of my pull pull cables it went away...no need to put a rudder servo in the tail.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Is the pull pull system better than push pull? Or is it just a matter of weight at the tail with the servo that makes it less desirable? I run the push pull is why I ask and the fact that Im still learning all the finer details of RC stuff.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Is the pull pull system better than push pull? Or is it just a matter of weight at the tail with the servo that makes it less desirable? I run the push pull is why I ask and the fact that Im still learning all the finer details of RC stuff.

It's personal preference. Direct drive from the servos will always give you better performance but like you said you sacrifice tail weight. I fly a 35% Pilot Extra with the pull pull and for my level of piloting works great.